Are the Jaguars a lock for the one seed?

Big Blitz

In the worst division in the NFL. 

They play the NFC South - it’s probably 2nd worse.   

Toughest games:

Week 2 vs Chiefs at home

Week 5 at Bills in London 

Week 10 vs 49ers at home 

Week 13 vs Bengals at home

Week 15 vs Ravens at home

Their toughest games are at home and then in London where they’ll already be waiting for us.  

I see 3-4 losses at worst on that schedule.  

Year 2 under Pederson.  Lawrence and the O should only be better.  Their defense is better.  

The other AFC Divisions will beat up on each other and each plays a tougher NFC Division.  

Last year mission 1 seed was clearly the objective.  

I think with how things will unfold this year it’s important the fans (and team) truly go one game at a time and prioritize health and getting hot at playoff time.  

Obviously want to win every game, but in no way should we be fretting over seeding.  

JUST GET IN. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Maybe not the #1 seed, but that division is probably a guarantee.

I can't recall ever seeing a single division with THREE rookie quarterbacks likely to play the majority of the season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I certainly wouldn’t say they are a lock, they barely made the playoffs last year.  They are a team worth watching though.  Lawrence has to make a pretty big leap for them to be considered real contenders, he has the ability, just has to do it. 

Barring injury, the one seed goes through KC and Cinci.  Both teams are very talented and though their divisions look tough(er) on paper, I don’t see anything for either one to be scared of.  Whoever comes out of the East will be battle tested and I don’t see anyone in serious contention for a #1 seed because they all get to beat on each other.   I thought the West would make the #1 tough for KC last year and they proved me wrong, so who knows.  My feeling is the playoffs will look pretty similar to last year. 

• Agree 1

Unless injuries hit, they are a lock to win the division but as far as the #1 seed that remains to be seen. KC always seems to find a way to get it. Teams like the Bills and Bengals are in very tough divisions and will probably have to many losses to get the #1 seed. The North especially is a bloodbath as all 4 teams hate each other making for some great rivalries.

• Like (+1) 2

They are the best team on paper in that division. But it's a long season and a lot happens over the course eof the year. While they may very well be the odds on favorite for the Division championship I think the Texans will be improved under Ryans. I think the Titans will be 7-10/8-9 type team that could steal a win. 

It will be interesting to see how the young Jags team faces being favorites and handle expectations over last year when they had none.

• Thank you (+1) 1

They are the Jaguars. They won 9 games last year. They are a relatively average team, maybe slightly above average, until they prove otherwise.

Some of these teams you just have to see it before you can believe in them. Like the Broncos. Everyone thought they would be awesome, and they stunk it up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.