Frank Clark Signed By The Broncos

7 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Dare I say this might actually be a good signing by Denver for once?

Glad he’s not returning to the Chiefs on the cheap either. 

Although they likely get one of the last vets on the market. You’d think they have to be interested anyway, and they have the draw of a championship team with Mahomes. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Nice for Denver, there are actually a lot of good pass rushers on the market late in free agency. Odd as usually pass rusher, O-line, WR, and Corners are usually snapped up fairly early in free agency. I can't think of a time when in late May and June there have been several quality pass rushers out on the market. Clark and Floyd are good players signed in June and there are still some other pass rushers out there like Yannick Ngakoue, Clowney, Melvin Ingram and Justin Houston. 

Floyd had 9 sacks last year, Clark 5 sacks (but had a nice playoff run with 2.5 sacks in 3 games), Ngakoue had 9.5 sacks, Ingram had 6 sacks and Houston had 9.5 sacks. Even Clowney coming off a down year at 2 sacks still rated highly as a run defender. Also while some of these players are older most are 30 and under. Ngakoue is 28, Floyd 30, Clark 29 (will be 30 in season) and Clowney is 30. Ingram and Houston are a bit older at 34 years old but at DE that's not ancient reasonably a DE can still be productive at 34. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Glad he’s not returning to the Chiefs on the cheap either. 

Although they likely get one of the last vets on the market. You’d think they have to be interested anyway, and they have the draw of a championship team with Mahomes. 

I can easily see Ingram or Houston chasing a ring there both are 34 but both coming off productive seasons. I could also see Clowney there as well, he is younger at 30 and coming off a down year. Ngakoue is interesting as I have to believe a 28-year-old pass rusher coming off a 9.5 sack season likely wants at least decent money but if he gets desperate could he chase a ring with KC? 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I can easily see Ingram or Houston chasing a ring there both are 34 but both coming off productive seasons. I could also see Clowney there as well, he is younger at 30 and coming off a down year. Ngakoue is interesting as I have to believe a 28-year-old pass rusher coming off a 9.5 sack season likely wants at least decent money but if he gets desperate could he chase a ring with KC? 

I really hope Ingram goes to a NFC team we don’t play, for whatever reason the dude kills us! He becomes an All pro against us. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 0017 said:

I really hope Ingram goes to a NFC team we don’t play, for whatever reason the dude kills us! He becomes an All pro against us. 

I agree, some players just have it against some teams and Ingram is a killer against us. 

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Of the remaining pass rushers we got the best. Wouldn't mind seeing Clark get to "homies" a few times.

Of Ingram, Clowney, Houston, Ngakoue and Quinn I’d guess all 5 end up in the AFC.  Both KC and Baltimore will ***** one fosho 

Decent player, but I see the Denver hype is percolating again. Have we learned nothing? Some talking heads had them ranked 3rd in the conference last year and I see that hype building again. Russ isn’t cooking anything but boiled hot dogs, he’s awful.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

As long as it's not the Chiefs.  Russ is done

to be fair, he had one of the worst coaches ever in the history sports to start his tenure as the broncos QB.

imagine playing for and being coached by one of the better coaches in the league (***** pete carroll, but hes had a good career with the seahawks), and then going to someone who is absolutely clueless of how to run an offense, let alone an entire team.

russ is strange af, but its hard to believe he fell off that much of a cliff in one year. if payton cant fix him, then yes, he is cooked.

4 hours ago, wppete said:

Good for Denver but Leonard Floyd a better DE. 

Oh ya. Clark has been super inconsistent the last 3 few years. He came up big in a couple post seasons though. Floyd is on a different tier right now for sure. 

AJ Epenesa and Groot have been better the last 2 years

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.