Colin Cowherd's Take

newcam2012

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He's not wrong. This is an offensive league. Teams with solid offensive minded HC's will have an advantage over us. I love the Floyd signing, but I hate the picks of Basham,  AJE and all the mediocre linebackers over beefing up the OL.  I just don't see any cap path to sign dHop to even a 1 yr deal at this point. And why is it we're always top 5 every year in defense only to watch it crumble in the playoffs?

Well I do want the Bills to keep adding to the ol, once you got it  set up well then you can keep it solid with high end draft picks to develop in the system you have a solid unit with.  With a defensive HC  he should be able to identify the right free agent vets to fit into his schemes.  I don't mind if they spend fa on defense if they keep adding quality on offense in the draft.  

I hope another year under kromer and being healthy will see Brown rebound into a capable tackle.  Even if he is improved I'd still want them to draft a top tackle to train and compete for both Brown and Dawkins as both could be improved there's a big gap between both and the top tackles at their respective sides.  Bring in a talented rookie and they either up their games or get replaced by a better player.  

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Well I do want the Bills to keep adding to the ol, once you got it  set up well then you can keep it solid with high end draft picks to develop in the system you have a solid unit with.  With a defensive HC  he should be able to identify the right free agent vets to fit into his schemes.  I don't mind if they spend fa on defense if they keep adding quality on offense in the draft.  

So true.  I would hope Beane stresses to McD the benefit of continued offensive drafting and taking FA swings on D.  Kincaid and Torrence I feel will be very good picks.  Next year we need to go wr & RT early.  Load up on offense with 4-5 year rookie contracts. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So true.  I would hope Beane stresses to McD the benefit of continued offensive drafting and taking FA swings on D.  Kincaid and Torrence I feel will be very good picks.  Next year we need to go wr & RT early.  Load up on offense with 4-5 year rookie contracts. 

Next year I think it will be WR early.. I think Center needs to be a concern next year as well.  But I hate his take that we have not invested in the OL this year. Just a horrible take. 

Colin isnt wrong about this.   i think any Bills fan with half a brain knows that the lines are always a problem,  regular and post season.    have we fixed OLine?  mbe,  remains to be seen.  Saffold being gone is a major step in the right direction.   the national media may miss the intricacies of our team,  but it just comes down to,  Bills cant run the ball,  and cant rush the passer.    if you cant do at least 1 of those 2 things with consistency,  you're not winning Super Bowls.  we cant do either as of yet.

Bills offense last three years:

2020 - 2nd in points, 2nd in yards

2021 - 3rd in points, 5th in yards

2022 - 2nd in points, 2nd in yards

Yet he lumps us in with the Steelers, Seahawks, Bears, and Chargers because they have defensive head coaches.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Bills offense last three years:

2020 - 2nd in points, 2nd in yards

2021 - 3rd in points, 5th in yards

2022 - 2nd in points, 2nd in yards

Yet he lumps us in with the Steelers, Seahawks, Bears, and Chargers because they have defensive head coaches.  

This should scare teams if we can show/prove our OL gets up to the top 15th ish in numbers. 

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Next year I think it will be WR early.. I think Center needs to be a concern next year as well.  But I hate his take that we have not invested in the OL this year. Just a horrible take. 

Yup....1. Wr....2. RT.....3. C

Hopefully Mitch makes it through the season without any concussions.  Eventually Dion will be down the road.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Pretty blunt take from Colin. Wondering how others feel about what he says. 

Take this from a consistent Cowherd listener who actually likes to listen to him (and insert the "even though" after you read what I say):

Colin Cowherd is stubborn as hell while marketing himself as open minded. Dude railed against Josh Allen on his show for all of 2018, 2019 and about the first 3 or 4 games of 2020. I remember us beating the Jets after game 1 with that fluke pick 6 off Beas and then Allen bringing us back for some late game heroics and Cowherd basically said Allen will always be an inaccurate QB who relies on his legs.

Then the season progresses and Cowherd pivoted. He really just went on without acknowledging his disdain for Allen for the last few years. But you could tell he knew how Uber talented he was, so he jumped on the Buffalo train. And after 13 seconds, let's be honest, Allen and Mahomes looked equal.

So Cowherd touted Buffalo all offseason. He even brought Josh on his show once.

Then 2022 happened with all the trials and tribulations Buffalo faced--which were historic--and Cowherd largely doubled back. Keep in mind, now he's really more a massive critic of Buffalo as an organization than Josh.

But that's also part of the point with Cowherd. He has ALWAYS been a huge critic of small market teams. Anyone who listens to him knows he's very 1 foot out on most of the small market NFL teams.

Cowherd is a fun listen, yet despite his claim to be one of the most intelligent and open minded sports analysts out there, he's actually pretty myopic.

And this discussion on his part proves it. Buffalo massively upgraded their OL this offseason. Saffold was terrible so addition by subtraction. Add McGovern, Edwards, Torrence, Shell who are ALL potential to likely starters in the NFL. And we spend money on one player already in house and one "big" FA we get for less than $10m???

Yeah, in this case I say Cowherd is an idiot. And pay attention to him this year. Watch the way he pivots if Buffalo succeeds.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yup....1. Wr....2. RT.....3. C

Hopefully Mitch makes it through the season without any concussions.  Eventually Dion will be down the road.

I think this all depends on what happens at the MLB position this year... If that is an epic fail and can't find a suitable replacement in FA, It would look like WR MLB C RT in that order. Only because MLB is the biggest future question at hand yes?

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Take this from a consistent Cowherd listener who actually likes to listen to him (and insert the "even though" after you read what I say):

Colin Cowherd is stubborn as hell while marketing himself as open minded. Dude railed against Josh Allen on his show for all of 2018, 2019 and about the first 3 or 4 games of 2020. I remember us beating the Jets after game 1 with that fluke pick 6 off Beas and then Allen bringing us back for some late game heroics and Cowherd basically said Allen will always be an inaccurate QB who relies on his legs.

Then the season progresses and Cowherd pivoted. He really just went on without acknowledging his disdain for Allen for the last few years. But you could tell he knew how Uber talented he was, so he jumped on the Buffalo train. And after 13 seconds, let's be honest, Allen and Mahomes looked equal.

Then 2022 happened with all the trials and tribulations Buffalo faced--which were historic--and Cowherd largely doubled back. Keep in mind, now he's really more a massive critic of Buffalo as an organization than Josh.

But that's also part of the point with Cowherd. He has ALWAYS been a huge critic of small market teams. Anyone who listens to him knows he's very 1 foot out on most of the small market NFL teams.

Cowherd is a fun listen, yet despite his claim to be one of the most intelligent and open minded sports analysts out there, he's actually pretty myopic.

And this discussion on his part proves it. Buffalo massively upgraded their OL this offseason. Saffold was terrible so addition by subtraction. Add McGovern, Edwards, Torrence, Shell who are ALL potential to likely starters in the NFL. And we spend money on one player already in house and one "big" FA we get for less than $10m???

Yeah, in this case I say Cowherd is an idiot. And pay attention to him this year. Watch the way he pivots if Buffalo succeeds.

I agree with all of what you say... you have to remember, the dude needs his clicks as well, so he is going to mix in questionable takes. it is what it is. I think his narrative is bad. but time will tell yes?

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Great insight. Thanks

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The funny part about the bolded is Cowherd has a new sidekick that's a huge Jets homer that recently said the Bills were the team with the most pressure this year. Then about a week later he backtracked his statement by saying he didn't account for everything the Bills went through last year with Allen and his elbow injury, having to play multiple games with short rest primarily because of that massive snow storm, the Damar Hamlin incident etc. As a lot of people pointed out, Cowherd didn't mention the additions to the OL the Bills did make. But honestly, who could the Bills have signed that would have made an impact on the OL without completely wrecking our salary cap? I wouldn't call Cowherd an idiot, but he's not doing his due diligence either

6 hours ago, Einstein said:

But he also makes simple catches look difficult.

Kind of reminds of the Davante Adams year he was supposed to break out. Maybe his 2nd year. A lot of pressure was on him and he dropped everything. Then came back the next year and became dominant. Took over as WR1 by the end of the year.

10 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

I watch cowherd a lot. And while I liked his point on defensive spending, he mostly states obvious and mildly incorrect things ( he acts like we didn't make any OL moves).

The only reason I watch him was cause he was early on the josh allen train.

But besides that he's always pretty shallow national media spin type.

I would rather have an offensive coach yes.

But Tomlin is a he'll of a coach too.

he was?

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.