Smoke

Process

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

HUSH! We don’t want to start the mudslides or earthquakes! I know not how much jinx juice you carry. I don’t want you being held responsible. 

Just have a shot of Fireball and forget about it

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

Just have a shot of Fireball and forget about it

About what? What are you talking about? Oh, never mind…..

We talked to someone last night, I can’t remember who or where they are, but they were seeing signs of the smoke. With solid details like that, it MUST be a serious problem. 

It literally smelled like burning plastic and oil on Saturday morning here in NE CT, it faced by the afternoon. I had heard about smoke from the fires but wasn’t expecting it to smell that. When it happened a couple of years ago from more Western Canada it was like a straight campfire smell. This one now is just putrid and there is actual semi-thick smoke in the air.

Map on teevee news showed WNY getting the worst of it (purple shades) today and tomorrow.

Thankful to have a very good BlueAir air purifier for the house with HEPA & charcoal filters. I can cook fish in the kitchen and the smell is completely gone in 30-40 minutes, and it’s really helped with pollen allergies this spring.

Edited by UConn James

here in Ottawa its day 3 of a darkened sun apocalypse. Everyone is staying indoors. What I don't understand is that two weeks ago half the countryside was under a flood warning. I golfed on May 17 and it snowed. How things things can get dry enough for fires so quick I'll never know

• Agree 1

I just stared at the sun for 5 minutes, the color behind all that smoke was eerie. I tried taking pictures of it with my phone but it didn't pick anything up.

I originally thought the smoke was from western Canada, now I see that it looks like Quebec is completely ablaze with a lot of fires in Ontario as well, including just north of Lake Ontario.

Until the weather pattern changes it's going to stay the way it is.

2 hours ago, stuvian said:

here in Ottawa its day 3 of a darkened sun apocalypse. Everyone is staying indoors. What I don't understand is that two weeks ago half the countryside was under a flood warning. I golfed on May 17 and it snowed. How things things can get dry enough for fires so quick I'll never know

They said on the news over 400 fires. How the hell does that happen?

4 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Machine  Head- the first album I bought.

Thickest smoke here in Cheektowaga is this morning. At 9AM the sun was orange.  Yesterday at 5 PM, could smell  the smoke, Haven't been outside yet, so don't know if it smells. 

1 hour ago, PastaJoe said:

According to the National Weather Service the air quality index here in Syracuse is 294 which is very unhealthy, compared to Buffalo which is 146 - unhealthy for sensitive groups.  

Over 400 now in the 'Cuse.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.