Smoke

Process

i was just bitching about this.  my entire office smells like a campfire, and it's getting worse.  they've canceled after school sports, and the kids aren't allowed to go out for gym or recess.  i know by me it's going to be at its worst around 4-5 today.

Have it here in Binghamton. Started at about 10:30 this morning.

20 minutes ago, teef said:

i was just bitching about this.  my entire office smells like a campfire, and it's getting worse.  they've canceled after school sports, and the kids aren't allowed to go out for gym or recess.  i know by me it's going to be at its worst around 4-5 today.

Kids are pussys.

We used to play with matches when I was a youngster.

Edited by Beast
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Same deal here in Horseheads (chemung co).  it burns your eyes if ya are outside for awhile.

Bring in the goat! 🥲

12 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

CT too. Smelling like burnt tires out here. Sun was looking eerie this AM.

Probably just that one neighbour who insists on burning their household garbage. 🤔

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

Kids are pussys.

We used to play with matches when I was a youngster.

there was a period of time when my brother and i were young, that my dad worked for baush and lomb.  i don't know what he was thinking, but he would bring us home magnifying glasses, and needless to say we set everything on fire.  we were finally banned from their use when we set about of hour front lawn on fire after burning leaves in the fall.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Golden*Wheels said:

CT too. Smelling like burnt tires out here. Sun was looking eerie this AM.

that is the freakiest part about the smoke effect. The sky takes on a pale orange effect and soot will gather on your car windows when it is really bad. Be  glad you aren't evacuated like I' ve had to be twice already. Pack your car fast and get Out. It royally sucks.

In socal we get "santa ana winds" which spur wild fires. NOT my favorite thing. 

Edited by muppy

3 hours ago, Draconator said:

Now we have the full California experience in WNY. We already had the taxes. The smoke in the air completes the experience.

HUSH! We don’t want to start the mudslides or earthquakes! I know not how much jinx juice you carry. I don’t want you being held responsible. 

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.