Taylor Rapp pregame and in game nutrition

DJB

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

Bruce Smith??? Really? 😳. Everyone knows about LT. 

To be fair he also might have been drunk from the night before when he did his pre-game coke, so perhaps it normalized him

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

A 9 AM sunday steak is quite the move

So I used to work for Boeing in Renton, where the build the 737s. The first shift started at 7am, and the cafe opened at 6am.

About once every two weeks they’d have steak and eggs. Let me tell ya, that hits different at 6:30am

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, wppete said:

😂 I didn’t know. I’m surprised but not surprised. 

5 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Never heard Bruce was a yeyo fan either, news to me. 

Coupla youngsters, eh boys?

He was suspended 30 days for testing positive for drugs a second time.  The Bills famously were reported to have hired a private eye to secretly follow to report back if he was hanging around with a known coke dealer.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

none of the food surprised me except the honey. these guys have much better insulin sensitivity than the average dude though. the honey would have me falling asleep by the 2nd quarter lol

no surprise at all with the honey. Calorie/carb dense food with low volume. I train highschool and college athletes for a living. in simplest terms, you want them feeling fueled up but also not bloated or bogged down. Honey is the go-to.

side note though.... i cant stand Saldino. He's super dramatic and routinely uses fear mongering and cites awful studies to push horrible nutrition narratives. Theres nothing wrong with this gameday approach here, but he routinely gets sliced up by reputable Science backed pro's in the field. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Coupla youngsters, eh boys?

He was suspended 30 days for testing positive for drugs a second time.  The Bills famously were reported to have hired a private eye to secretly follow to report back if he was hanging around with a known coke dealer.  

Damn Bruce! Sad to hear. 

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

no surprise at all with the honey. Calorie/carb dense food with low volume. I train highschool and college athletes for a living. in simplest terms, you want them feeling fueled up but also not bloated or bogged down. Honey is the go-to.

side note though.... i cant stand Saldino. He's super dramatic and routinely uses fear mongering and cites awful studies to push horrible nutrition narratives. Theres nothing wrong with this gameday approach here, but he routinely gets sliced up by reputable Science backed pro's in the field. 

I agree. He makes some interesting points but shuns anything green. I agree with him on the obvious processed foods but bags on a lot of stuff that is great for you. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

meh--it was the 80's.  everyone was coked up.  both guys ended up in HOF---not because they ate bananas and honey before games...

2 of the best players of all time. No question about that. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.