D-Day

Tiberius

42 minutes ago, T&C said:

Very cool, I had no idea they did that to the markers. I've only been to Bushnell... it was beautiful. Someday hope to visit Arlington.

I made Arlington one Memorial Day weekend.  It was awe inspiring to say the least.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBud said:

Planning a side trip to Normandy when I am in Paris next month.

make sure you get a tour guide. they will drive you around and show you a lot of things that are just kind of buried all around the area. You will be impressed with how perfect they keep that place for those boys. I swear there wasn't a blade of grass out of place. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloBud said:

Planning a side trip to Normandy when I am in Paris next month.

We flew into Paris last month and a young guy next to me said he was going strictly to visit Normandy. He was a WWII buff in his 20’s and he was thrilled to get to visit such an important and historic site. I loved his appreciation and dedication. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

make sure you get a tour guide. they will drive you around and show you a lot of things that are just kind of buried all around the area. You will be impressed with how perfect they keep that place for those boys. I swear there wasn't a blade of grass out of place. 

That's on my radar.  Taking the train from Paris then picking up the tour.

37 minutes ago, Augie said:

We flew into Paris last month and a young guy next to me said he was going strictly to visit Normandy. He was a WWII buff in his 20’s and he was thrilled to get to visit such an important and historic site. I loved his appreciation and dedication. 

I'm not sure how my emotions will hold up.  I will have just completed a 300 mile bike ride, finishing in Paris the day before the Tour winds up in Paris.

46 minutes ago, BuffaloBud said:

I'm not sure how my emotions will hold up.  I will have just completed a 300 mile bike ride, finishing in Paris the day before the Tour winds up in Paris.

Very ambitious! Good luck with the ride. I’m sure it will be fabulous! 

We were visiting friends once at the beach and he asked if we wanted to go to a popular pool bar. SURE! We agreed to bike over there to the new location. That new location was farther than I bargained for, riding against the wind on the beach. This is when I learned Bill had gotten serious about his biking, often doing 100+ (flat) miles a day. I wished I had asked more questions. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBud said:

No, get a private tour outside of the one at the cemetery. They take you all around to different places in a van. There is a decent amount to see. If you have time spend a night in bayeaux they have hotels where the windows open up to the street and you can hang out like the people did during the parades as we liberated the region. Like a Time Machine

our tour was booked through viator 

Edited by aristocrat
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, aristocrat said:

It’s because the land has been perpetually conceded to us by the French 

Of course we keep it pristine for our boys

RIP

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.