Leslie Frazier visits with 3 teams

Brand J

Evidently Frazier has built a relationships with the Green Bay Packers, Washington Commanders and New York Giants.

Frazier is meeting with teams because that is purpose of head coach accelerator program.

He was looking for head coach position last year while working for Bills.

He is taking sabbatical this season but that does not mean he wants to be off market next year. 

He is meeting teams to see what he needs to work on - clearly Giants are not looking at Frazier for head coach next year.

Some will turn this story to whatever angle they have been pushing even if it is obtuse.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Frazier is meeting with teams because that is purpose of head coach accelerator program.

He was looking for head coach position last year while working for Bills.

He is taking sabbatical this season but that does not mean he wants to be off market next year. 

He is meeting teams to see what he needs to work on - clearly Giants are not looking at Frazier for head coach next year.

Some will turn this story to whatever angle they have been pushing even if it is obtuse.

What is the head coach accelerator program??? I don’t get it. Frazier has already been a HC in the league and has experience as a Head coach. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, transient said:

Looking more and more like the Bills and Frazier tried to find a way of moving on while crafting a narrative that would be the least damaging to his future coaching prospects. 

Yeah, it seems to me that they decided to move on from him and asked if he planned on coaching this season. He probably told them he planned to take a year off and spend time with his family and they concocted a plan to make it seem as though he wasn't fired out of respect.

And then after this season they could say they preferred the setup they had gone with this year and/or that Frazier chose to go somewhere else.

Somewhere between now and then, Frazier must have changed his mind and decided "F this, I want to coach this year and I don't care about the optics".

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

His career has mystified me in that if a HC position was the ultimate career goal, why didn't he go the Pete Carroll/Lovie Smith route and go to the college ranks to hone those skills?  Pete Carroll was a much better coach at Seattle than he was in NE because of his stint at USC.  

I feel Leslie Frazier waited too long and that window has closed.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Following the league’s annual head coach accelerator program. So much for spending time at home and taking the year off to assess.

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-bills-coach-leslie-frazier-144540446.html

That's literally the purpose of the program. Way to report absolutely nothing 😂

10 minutes ago, wppete said:

What is the head coach accelerator program??? I don’t get it. Frazier has already been a HC in the league and has experience as a Head coach. 

Yes he has but they have had minorities who were head coaches, interim and full coaches, before in it.

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/INAUGURAL-NFL-COACH-AND-FRONT-OFFICE-ACCELERATOR-PROGRAM-SLATED-FOR-SPRING-LEAGUE-MEETING-MAY-23-24-IN-ATLANTA.aspx

As part of the NFL's ongoing commitment to promote greater coach and C-suite level diversity among clubs, the League announced plans today to host its inaugural Coach and Front Office Accelerator on May 23-24 at the Spring League Meeting in Atlanta. The Accelerator will convene more than 60 diverse head coach and general manager prospects from all clubs and the League with ownership representation from all 32 clubs.  

The program will provide senior women and minority prospects with leadership development sessions with football operations experts and facilitators, as well as time spent networking directly with club owners. The effort is designed to continue building a diverse hiring pipeline for future head coach and general manager positions throughout the League.

It does remind me of a job interview I had.  After interviewing first day I was told by interviewer that I was best candidate he interviewed but there is pressure from management to hire a veteran, handicapped, woman or minority and better that if candidate filled more than one category.  He then asked me about my foot and glasses and asked if I ever applied for handicapped status and I said no except post surgery for parking permit.  He said good luck but you have little chance of getting position. 

Interview was multiple days so rather than taking another day off work I called company I was interviewing and said I was cancelling rest of interview for job had urgent matter for me.    Next there was an opening I was called by an internal recruiter (originally I was referred to by external recruiter) and said that they were interested in finishing interview and I said no.  I was aware of policy and the number I saw on desk and not going to interview unless my time was paid for.  Last time I interviewed part of the interview was problem solving which I was told was real problem they were having so they had a free consultation already.

• Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That's literally the purpose of the program. Way to report absolutely nothing 😂

Hey, I’m just relaying the news 😅 But what it shows overall is that he’s not stepping away from the game like he initially suggested. He was all in on this accelerator program from the outset.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Hey, I’m just relaying the news 😅 But what it shows overall is that he’s not stepping away from the game like he initially suggested. He was all in on this accelerator program from the outset.

He is in a sense he isn't going to be coaching, it's more like a learning year for him so he can experience what other teams do, etc.

Basically he is either going to be a HC or retire next year from what it sounds like.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, JayBaller10 said:

You are not just relaying the news. You are acting like some reporters do who report something and then state what they think is going on as a fact.

He is taking a hiatus which is stepping away from coaching this year.  Coaching positions take a lot of hours which is why many players do not go into coaching post career.  

• Disagree 1

Leslie Frazier is a good man and a good football coach.  I think he’s kidding himself about getting another shot as a HC but I respect him pursuing his dream.  I do believe he has coached his last game for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Is there a team with a HC on the hot seat in 2023 with a terrible culture situation that could use a washed-up 65 year old fully-endorsed Tony Dungy protege if said hot seat coach were to find himself in a hookers/cocaine+arrest-or-social-media-video scenario?    

If so,  it might be time for Bills Mafia to raise some funds.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He is in a sense he isn't going to be coaching, it's more like a learning year for him so he can experience what other teams do, etc.

Basically he is either going to be a HC or retire next year from what it sounds like.

Leslie Frazier has been in football longer than I have been alive. He’s halfway to 70 years old. Do you buy the “learning year”? Do you think he really believes that bailing on a coordinator position to do the NFL rounds as an unattached coach is the best path to a head coaching position? Maybe he’ll get hired as a head coach next season because of this accelerator program, but if Vegas had odds on it, it wouldn’t be pretty. 

14 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

You are not just relaying the news. You are acting like some reporters do who report something and then state what they think is going on as a fact.

He is taking a hiatus which is stepping away from coaching this year.  Coaching positions take a lot of hours which is why many players do not go into coaching post career.  

I don’t dispute your second point. Coaches are notorious for sleeping in offices and being around their players/assistants far more than their own family. But as to the bolded, what have I said that was stated as factual but wasn’t?

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.