Bills Sign Leonard Floyd

JGMcD2

9 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Right. 

Yet some people who complained about a big extension for Ed Oliver (overpaid! too long!!) will complain about a short-term, low-risk, high possible reward signing in Floyd.

I'd think most of those posters are fans of other teams just trying to get under everyone's skin. 

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I wonder if they added a void year to stretch out the cap hit.

@Mango

You nailed it my man!

good deal for Floyd.  Was hoping we would’ve paid less, but he was the best of the bunch available and got paid like it

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Meh

the pass rush was dreadful so they needed someone but this guy was a bust until he got to play next to Aaron Donald.

my girlfriend could rack up 6-8 sacks playing next to Donald, Floyd won’t have that luxury here 

I’ve seen you post in numerous threads over the last few weeks and you never have a single positive thing to say about this team. Whats the deal?

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Then you become the Saints for that 5 year or so period where they had Drew Brees and multiple other high level talented players and went 7-9 three years in a row.

They also have one ring. I'll take the negative for that one ring!

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think EVERY highlighted play shows Floyd aligned at 9T or even wider. Erik utters the phrase, "wide alignment," repeatedly. 

So obviously that's where Floyd flourishes. Can really use his speed, length, and flexibility. 

The Bills weren't really much of a "wide-9" defensive front under Frazier, right? Love this new weapon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

33 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I’ve seen you post in numerous threads over the last few weeks and you never have a single positive thing to say about this team. Whats the deal?

He’s gone

• Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

They also have one ring. I'll take the negative for that one ring!

There's no way in hell you wouldn't complain if McDermott wins one Super Bowl with Allen after 16 seasons.  That would be 9 more seasons?

In those 9 seasons we miss the playoffs 4 times and lost to below average starting QB's like a Case Keenum and Nick Foles when we make the playoffs?  And what if one of those teams was below .500 that beat us in the playoffs?

I'm going to say you try to invite McDermott back to your place and blast Huey Lewis and the News.

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

You wouldn’t be too positive either if your girlfriend was racking up sacks.

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

One of the best signings the Bills have had in a long time imo. This is a position that has been underwhelming for some time now to say the least. 

Agree....was praying back in March we'd sign Floyd. Still young and capable of 9-10 sacks. His speed can flush qbs well into the pocket. No excuses for Ed to not get 5+ sacks this year.  We're seeing the new and hopefully improved (more aggressive) version of McD's defense. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

There's no way in hell you wouldn't complain if McDermott wins one Super Bowl with Allen after 16 seasons.  That would be 9 more seasons?

In those 9 seasons we miss the playoffs 4 times and lost to below average starting QB's like a Case Keenum and Nick Foles when we make the playoffs?  And what if one of those teams was below .500 that beat us in the playoffs?

I'm going to say you try to invite McDermott back to your place and blast Huey Lewis and the News.

giphy.gif

The ecstasy of winning the SB trumps everything. I will take years of poor seasons for that one SB win. It's not even close.  

My complaining about the poor seasons ahead means nothing. Of course we will complain and that includes you. 

This franchise has never won a SB. The fan base has been salivating for that Lombardi. People have waited a lifetime and decades to experience it. That includes me. Don't sell short what a SB win would do for Buffalo and it's fans. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Leonard Floyd had elite measurables as a prospect. At the combine his 40 time, 20 yard split, 10 yard split, vertical jump and broad jump were all in the 83rd percentile and above. He measured 6' 5.625" tall with long arms and big hands.

https://ras.football/2020/01/08/leonard-floyd-ras/

Even last year when you watched Floyd play you would think that he's a rookie. He plays with an energy and suddenness (yes he's very twitchy) that belies his age. Stylistically he's not polished like Von. Floyd is herky jerky with lots of stop start moves. He converts speed to power for an effective bull rush and has a functional inside counter move. He can bend the edge somewhat but many of his sacks are based not on polished technique but on outrageous bursts of energy. He often looks like he's playing at a different speed than others on the field. He also gets lots of sacks on plays where he is in containment mode and the QB flush panics and gets hunted down by Floyd. He'll be very effective against athletic QBs who are accustomed to outrunning defenders. His play speed seems faster than the 4.60 he ran at the combine. Floyd also has very good ball awareness and doesn't seem to lose track of the play.

Floyd is also very comfortable playing in space and can be a nice chess piece for a D coordinator with a good mind. He's a plus run defender and could probably be an excellent zone and man defender with his athleticism and length however asking him to play coverage is probably not a wise use of assets.

13 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Do fans actually sign up on other teams fan boards to post negative stuff?

They're not fans...they're what most people would call "losers."

12 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Why are Ngakoue, Ingram, Houston, Quinn still out there as well?  Quality Edge market! 

Frank Clark as well. But the Bills got the pick of the litter.

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Like (+1) 5

18 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Leonard Floyd had elite measurables as a prospect. At the combine his 40 time, 20 yard split, 10 yard split, vertical jump and broad jump were all in the 83rd percentile and above. He measured 6' 5.625" tall with long arms and big hands.

Even last year when you watched Floyd play you would think that he's a rookie. He plays with an energy and suddenness (yes he's very twitchy) that belies his age. Stylistically he's not polished like Von. Floyd is herky jerky with lots of stop start moves. He converts speed to power for an effective bull rush and has a functional inside counter move. He can bend the edge somewhat but many of his sacks are based not on polished technique but on outrageous bursts of energy. He often looks like he's playing at a different speed than others on the field. He also gets lots of sacks on plays where he is in containment mode and the QB flush panics and gets hunted down by Floyd. He'll be very effective against athletic QBs who are accustomed to outrunning defenders. His play speed seems faster than the 4.60 he ran at the combine. Floyd also has very good ball awareness and doesn't seem to lose track of the play.

Floyd is also very comfortable playing in space and can be a nice chess piece for a D coordinator with a good mind. He's a plus run defender and could probably be an excellent zone and man defender with his athleticism and length however asking him to play coverage is probably not a wise use of assets.

Paid for by Friends of Floyd. The opinions expressed herein are predictive of the candidate's play in 2023, we hope. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Was Floyd considered to be the past from the available group?