Bills Sign Leonard Floyd

JGMcD2

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Then you become the Saints for that 5 year or so period where they had Drew Brees and multiple other high level talented players and went 7-9 three years in a row.

I'd bet 95% of this board would trade three 7-10 seasons for a SB trophy. 

I watched since 1980. So I've seen the best and the worst the Bills have done after the merger.  I'd do anything for the feeling of winning one trophy even if it meant 3 years of no playoffs. Already lived through 17. 

5 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

It had to be done. The pass rush was abysmal at the end of last season. 

You're not beating Mahommes and burrow without and adequate pass rush

Agreed. Not sure that it’s enough tho. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Usually those type of deals are leaked by agent quickly. Thinking more like 2-3 million

3 with heavy incentives would be the absolute floor to me and i'd be surprised if it were that low. Poona Ford got 2.25 himself. And you have to keep in mind, even 6m looks low for a high end FA pass rusher. So the agent may not be rushing to leak numbers even at that amount.

Jeremy Fowler reported that Floyd was the most sought after Pass Rusher and many teams were involved with one team beside us "heavily involved". So he had a market. I think in compared to most high end FA Pass Rushers, it will be a bargain. But barely above league minimum would be shocking to me.

EDIT: It just came out that it's a 7m dollar deal worth up to 9. That's about what I expected. And probably uses up anything we saved on an Oliver extension.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I'd bet 95% of this board would trade three 7-10 seasons for a SB trophy. 

I watched since 1980. So I've seen the best and the worst the Bills have done after the merger.  I'd do anything for the feeling of winning one trophy even if it meant 3 years of no playoffs. Already lived through 17. 

Sean Payton was the coach for 16 years and missed the playoffs 6 times with Drew Brees as his QB.  

If Sean McDermott wins it this year and we miss the playoffs for 3 straight years and then miss it a few more times over the next 7-8 seasons…Bills fans would be happy?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sean Payton was the coach for 16 years and missed the playoffs 6 times with Drew Brees as his QB.  

If Sean McDermott wins it this year and we miss the playoffs for 3 straight years and then miss it a few more times over the next 7-8 seasons…Bills fans would be happy?

We will definitely be happy this year, in your scenario. 

11 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well then maybe your GF should sign an NFL contract.  1-Techs are hard to come by so she would get a great offer.

11 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Awe c'mon, dude this is unreal. You expect anyone to believe you have a girlfriend?🤣

11 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

She’s a heavily muscled 250 lb angel 😁

11 hours ago, SWATeam said:

I got a sack for your girl

9 hours ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Is she Available at a better price though? 

9 hours ago, somnus00 said:

Of course, she's 6'3 and runs a 4.5 40.

9 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Well, we can all tell who the bottom is in this relationship.

8 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Is your "girlfriend" Jadaveon Clowney? 

6 hours ago, Logic said:

I bet she could.

Tough crowd.😂 I'll throw one in.

How is she at taking on Double Teams? 

• Haha (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Then you become the Saints for that 5 year or so period where they had Drew Brees and multiple other high level talented players and went 7-9 three years in a row.

This just made me question how good a coach Payton actually is.  

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I wonder if they added a void year to stretch out the cap hit.

I am sure they’re using multiple void years. They could even structure the contract so he’s cut with a 6/1 designation on day one of the next league year. 

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not me.
I want a perennial contender

Much more fun and exciting.

One of my Bills buds said to me today, pretty stoked about this signing and the defense..
Here we again !

Thats a good thing in his meaning .

Excited again for Bills football season ! !

and yes

this Team Could win it all 😇

Go Bills

24 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

This just made me question how good a coach Payton actually is.  

as well you should 🙂

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Then we would be greedy but let's laugh about that when we get there, shall we? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Usually those type of deals are leaked by agent quickly. Thinking more like 2-3 million

Not quite this time…

His agent must be lazy…

You still holding out hope for D Hop? They will  need to restructure Tre and/or Dawkins now.. both are a gamble to kick their money further down the road 

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Skip the pass rush stuff; it doesn't translate enough to wins and losses.

Protect the QB? Hell yes.  I'd spend every dime on offense and just look to be league average at every position on D.

No pass rusher has ever won a championship for anyone.

Not a quibble   …   but Lawrence Taylor?  Reggie White had three sacks in XXXI, including a game ender.   Von Miller was a Super Bowl MVP.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Meh

the pass rush was dreadful so they needed someone but this guy was a bust until he got to play next to Aaron Donald.

my girlfriend could rack up 6-8 sacks playing next to Donald, Floyd won’t have that luxury here 

well, now with Miller, Oliver, groot and Daquan hopefully he can bring a little more noise than shaq/basham/epenesa

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Right. Beane said from day 1 his main goal is consistency.  This is a guy that got a 4 year 64 mil extension in 2021, 16 mil per average with 33 guaranteed. He got released because they're in full rebuild mode.

This dude is borderline elite pass rusher. As expected,  he turned down more $ to come here, as Rappaport said.

If it was any position on D besides edge , I'd agree with that guy but a great pass rush is the main way to shut down these offenses. 

Luckily we also have a top 3 secondary,  so I love love love this move.

I was shocked we landed him for that price,  he wants another ring and I'm sure Von was in his ear big time behind the scenes.  This is a grand slam signing by Beane and has by far been his best off season yet. 

Our top 3!!! O improved at literally every position besides QB, C and LT 

We are loaded.

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 6