Bills Sign Leonard Floyd

JGMcD2

27 minutes ago, teef said:

the replies to his tweet are amazing.

I particularly liked this one - “This is why you can’t just talk football with random strangers. It could end up being that guy.”

You know… except for the fact that anyone on TBD knows Filthy Beast isn’t a random stranger, he’s the ugly little B word under the bridge screaming at passers by from a pool of his own p*** and vomit. 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Skip the pass rush stuff; it doesn't translate enough to wins and losses.

Protect the QB? Hell yes.  I'd spend every dime on offense and just look to be league average at every position on D.

No pass rusher has ever won a championship for anyone.

So you are saying that pass rush and pass rushers are overrated, but you want to spend a ton of money on an offensive line to protect Allen from........pass rushers?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

That brings us to what, 7 DE under contract (counting Von Miller who lists as a LB due to his #)?

Von, Rousseau, Epenesa, Basham, Lawson,Kingsley Jonathan, and now Floyd

Somebody's gotta go

Could be worse, could be a DT where we currently have....10 DT on the roster.

Washington likes competition, he's got competition.

Edited by Beck Water

Just now, Beck Water said:

That brings us to what, 7 DE under contract (counting Von Miller who lists as a LB due to his #)?

Von, Rousseau, Epenesa, Basham, Lawson,Kingsley Jonathan, and now Floyd

Somebody's gotta go

I just hope that it’s not Kingsley Jonathan
Just got a feeling about this guy

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon pinned this topic

This is huge, especially if Von Miller isn't quite ready to go in September.   Of course, having two top pass rushers at the same time isn't bad either.  If Buffalo can deal with the middle linebacker issue, they really could be scary good and a nightmare for other teams to have to face.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Skip the pass rush stuff; it doesn't translate enough to wins and losses.

Protect the QB? Hell yes.  I'd spend every dime on offense and just look to be league average at every position on D.

No pass rusher has ever won a championship for anyone.

Jamar Chase was wide open and if Aaron Donald doesn't get to Burrow so quickly, the Bengals win the Super Bowl.

The Patriots put up over 500 points that season.  Did the Giants beat them in a shoot out?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

This is huge, especially if Von Miller isn't quite ready to go in September.   Of course, having two top pass rushers at the same time isn't bad either.  If Buffalo can deal with the middle linebacker issue, they really could be scary good and a nightmare for other teams to have to face.

If Rousseau continues his ascent and Von returns to form — yes, two reasonably sized IFs —  later in the year, we could have three top pass rushers to knock Rodgers, Mahomes and Burrow on their as$es. 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I just hope that it’s not Kingsley Jonathan
Just got a feeling about this guy

You think Jonathan is going to make the final roster?  

I’d give him a .1% chance.  Practice squad 💯 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

If Rousseau continues his ascent and Von returns to form — yes, two reasonably sized IFs —  later in the year, we could have three top pass rushers to knock Rodgers, Mahomes and Burrow on their as$es. 

I'd like to know about his off-season work...the hell with Gabe at this point 

8 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Meh

the pass rush was dreadful so they needed someone but this guy was a bust until he got to play next to Aaron Donald.

my girlfriend could rack up 6-8 sacks playing next to Donald, Floyd won’t have that luxury here 

Your girlfriend is 6' 4" 240lbs as well?

• Awesome! (+1) 2

I am so impressed with Beane this off season with  his aggressive mentality addressing needs and using every maneuver known in manipulating the cap to our advantage. Floyd was instrumental in the SB winning Rams along with Miller. He is perfect to play in Miller’s spot until he is ready and then be part of an impactful rushing, sack thirsty rotation with Rousseau, and Epenesa. This guy will be a leader and help our pressure packages in a big way. With the addition of Ford and a highly motivated Oliver, this defense will be scary. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

37 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Imho, it's the offense that's going to get the Bills to the Super Bowl. 

The defense just has to make a play here and there. Get a critical stop or two.

Just look at the Super Bowl. The vaunted Philly defense had no answers to stop Mahomes and vice versa. The awesome niner defense shredded by Philly. 

It's an offensive league. Go get Hopkins. 

Edited by newcam2012

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Imho, it's the offense that's going to get the Bills to the Super Bowl. 

The defense just has to make a play here and there. Get a critical stop or two.

Just look at the Super Bowl. The vaunted Philly defense had no answers to stop Mahomes and vice versa. 

It's an offensive league. Go get Hopkins. 

Just look at Bills @ KC.  The d kept KC out of the end zone 3 times in a row to end the game.  All we needed was 3 stops…. And we got 3. 

There’s more than one way to skin a cat.  

• Agree 4

50 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

I just don't see Von being that same guy coming off an ACL at his age. I think he at best starts the season on the PUP list (which makes the addition of Floyd more needed) and then Von takes the rest of the regular season to round back into form. Hopefully by the playoffs he can have that big time run having shaken off the rust. 

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Both?  🤷🏻‍♂️ 

So, she’s really in perfect shape, and that shape happens to be “round”? It’s OK, I’m not here to judge. 

Edited by Augie