Bills Sign Leonard Floyd

JGMcD2

12 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I'd guess one year $1.7 million but who knows as still not heard how much if any we got back in cap savings with the Oliver extension. 

I doubt that.  I’m thinking it’s 4-6M

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well done BB!, Floyd is a really nice addition to have until Von is back and will be even nicer when both are playing. Can't forget about bringing Poonia Ford in as well, I think we are good to go on D!

From the start of offseason  to where we are now, I am pretty happy..

I think the maybe the only lingering question will be wondering what we really have in Dorsey and is the WR roster behind Diggs good enough to keep things moving

should Diggs miss time..

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

$1.7M feels light. Are you thinking that's his actual value, or are you just basing that on our cap space?

I thought maybe $6-8M.

Definitely light.  I don’t think he would’ve signed that at this point.  4-6M imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, starrymessenger said:

I'm very impressed with Beane's off-season moves. With little cap room to manoeuvre he seems to have improved the roster significantly where upgrades were needed. Proof will be in the pudding but all looks very good on paper. Now the coaches need to make it work. Pressure is on them.
Floyd is a good signing. Not only has he developed as a pass rusher but he's always been good against the run and if memory serves he's not bad in coverage either in a pinch.

I've been a Beane critic. For the most part, I like the moves Beane has made. (Not the Oliver signing). He has addressed the weaknesses of the team with some solid pieces on a limited budget. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

Another interesting stat. Bradley Chubb has 28.5 sacks over 5 years in the league. What did the fish give up to get him? 

The Fins gave up a first round pick for Chubb, who is, as you suggest, JAG.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Definitely light.  I don’t think he would’ve signed that at this point.  4-6M imo. 

I have a super wide breadth for where I think this contract falls. I wouldn't be shocked at $4.5M and I likely wouldn't bat an eye at $8.5M either. He has 29.5 sacks the last 3 years. 

• Agree 2

Nice tidbit via NY POST

Not only is Floyd another talented player for the rival team that has won the division three straight years, but he has also historically tortured Rodgers stretching back to his time with the Bears.

In nine career games against Rodgers and the Packers, Floyd logged nine sacks.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

I have a super wide breadth for where I think this contract falls. I wouldn't be shocked at $4.5M and I likely wouldn't bat an eye at $8.5M either. He has 29.5 sacks the last 3 years. 

Word.  I can definitely see Beane paying more than 6M.  8.5M for one year isn’t an overpay for a guy like Floyd….it’s just more than I think Beane would pay considering the dearth of vet pass rushers available.  

The reason I could see 8-9m is if McD really wants to be versatile and move him around, a la Lorax.  Floyds coverage and movement skills >> the other vets.  He opens up

more options

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1