Bills Sign Leonard Floyd

JGMcD2

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Ngakoue though is better against the run and a smarter player. All things considered neither moves the needle too much when compared to DeAndre Hopkins but I'd rather have the smarter, more disciplined player. Unless Ngakoue was asking for a lot more money, which is possible

Of the 31 qualifying edge defenders, Ngakoue had the worst run-defense grade at Pro Football Focus at 43.7

Edited by Hsker4life
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, essential said:

I have nothing against the player or the general idea, but Beane keeps investing in the D-Line and it continues to make no difference when it matters, in the playoffs.  I'd have rather spent this money on DHop and tried to out score our opponents.

Continually spending money/resources on the D-Line is great if it's making a difference (see SF), but when it consistently doesn't work you need to shift your mentality.

I mean... 

We've never seen a Bills DL in the Playoffs with Von Miller, Leonard Floyd and Poona Ford, under McDermott as DC.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Hsker4life said:

Very little impact.” Of the 31 qualifying edge defenders, Ngakoue had the worst run-defense grade at Pro Football Focus at 43.7

Yeh I was going to say if he’s watched Yannick in recent years he’s been pretty terrible and really hasn’t been any good for the last two years. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Bills said:

Yes! We need a viable pass rusher

the tweet states "standout"  that's quite the adjective

I like the sounds of that. I hope he will feast on AFC East QB''s this season. This move does excite me. Yassss!

6 minutes ago, essential said:

I have nothing against the player or the general idea, but Beane keeps investing in the D-Line and it continues to make no difference when it matters, in the playoffs.  I'd have rather spent this money on DHop and tried to out score our opponents.

Continually spending money/resources on the D-Line is great if it's making a difference (see SF), but when it consistently doesn't work you need to shift your mentality.

Pass rush is the 2nd most important aspect of football behind great QB play.  

Do teams stop trying to upgrade the QB position because they missed on several QBs in the past?  No, they can’t.  They have to keep trying.  

Pass rush is the same. Teams don’t stop addressing pass rusher because they missed on previous investments.  Keep trying until you get it right.  It’s that important.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

With McD calling the plays, a healthy Von eventually, Rousseau’s steady projection, Leonard Floyd + a Hopefully a more inspired Ed Oliver. Not to mention a healthy Tre White this defense is going to close the gap between teams like Philly & San Fran. There is so much to look forward to this year and Buffalo is gonna start looking more like the team you saw the first half of the 2022 season. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Low risk, potential high reward signing. I'm on board 

Contract is likely a 1 year deal near vet min with some bonus opportunities.

Yes, as I said, the contract isn’t a concern. The concern is relying on vets approaching the downturn in their careers as quick-fix solutions. Floyd may or may not be productive/healthy this season at 31, but either way, Beane will be in the same situation next year with even more money dedicated to the DL and still needing pass rush help.

• Eyeroll 1

yeah. realistically the next gain here isn't even going to be 1 extra win added, even if he's good. 

I'm assuming Floyd will add around 6 sacks and wont do much to help stopping the run. Hopkins woulda been a 1300 yard receiver with an even bigger impact in the red zone

but everyone is celebrating this morning like we won the super bowl lol

1,300 yard wr is a very bold claim when he hasn’t played a full season the last few years. He’d be good no doubt, but I don’t think he would put up those numbers here. More likely a strong season from him (in our offense) would put him close to 1,000. 

Your just overly negative because you wanted Hopkins and this signing more than likely signals we aren’t getting him. Putting aside your wants, it’s hard to argue that this isn’t a good signing this late in the off-season. We need pash rush help, especially when Von is out. Look at our division much less our conference. Even with Von back, we NEED to be able to disrupt the opposing qb’s and we just got more help to do that. 

As far as the offense goes, I feel like giving Josh more time is more important than any wr. Josh not being rushed constantly is something I can’t wait to see and hopefully this improved o-line delivers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

yeah. realistically the next gain here isn't even going to be 1 extra win added, even if he's good. 

I'm assuming Floyd will add around 6 sacks and wont do much to help stopping the run. Hopkins woulda been a 1300 yard receiver with an even bigger impact in the red zone

but everyone is celebrating this morning like we won the super bowl lol

Poor guy, I feel your pain, your dating a DE, people are ragging on you for your football opinions, must be hellish for you…, maybe a change of attitude would be just the thing to cheer you up, 😁👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Yes, as I said, the contract isn’t a concern. The concern is relying on vets approaching the downturn in their careers as quick-fix solutions. Floyd may or may not be productive/healthy this season at 31, but either way, Beane will be in the same situation next year with even more money dedicated to the DL and still needing pass rush help.

He's had 29 sacks the last 3 years after having 18.5 in his first 4. Seems to me he has been improving not getting worse.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Solid signing. Probably means Von isn't ready until a month or two into the season. Miller, Rousseau, Floyd, Epenesa, Basham? Does that look aboot right? Unless Shane Ray miraculously steals a spot. 

I'd keep Lawson over Basham.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4