Bills Sign Leonard Floyd

JGMcD2

43 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Von
Rousseau (moved inside)
Oliver
Floyd

that's a quality pass rush package on 3rd and long 

I am curious, why do you want Groot inside? I'm not saying it's a bad idea I'm just curious. 

Have him as a 3 tech? Maybe a 7 tech and have Floyd go wide? 

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Guessing Boogie is a training camp trade. 5th round pick is my guess.

6 minutes ago, DC Grid said:

I don’t think Boogie could net a 2026 7th rounder at this point.  But I’d be happy to be proven wrong.  

I think they should use him as a situational interior rusher like they said they would when they drafted him. I think at his drafted weight he is more DT than an edge in this defense. Were camp reports that he bulked up a bit? 

9 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Not being negative. The contract is probably decent. He’s not getting top dollar signing this late. The risk, simply put, is relying on players into their 30s when the drop off in production/injuries is right around the corner. The defense needed another pass rusher desperately, so he fits. I get it. 

it's a 1 year contract

Also to put in perspective- Floyd signed a 1 yr / 10 mil deal in 2020

They extended him at 4 yrs/64 mil in 21 and was released based on their rebuilding. 

So just shows how much LA thought of and valued him

And now we get him for at least half of what he would of gotten this year (16 mil). 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Bills roster was at 90 man limit.  Someone needs to be cut when they sigh him.

Worked with someone who was a NFL player for JEST.  He made 53 man roster and also was on Practice Squad and every time a player was signed there was worry he would be cut to make room.  Fortunately he did not waste his education and he is a well paid security engineer now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think they should use him as a situational interior rusher like they said they would when they drafted him. I think at his drafted weight he is more DT than an edge in this defense. Were camp reports that he bulked up a bit? 

Possible. Just a lot of bodies in front of him.

5 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I am curious, why do you want Groot inside? I'm not saying it's a bad idea I'm just curious. 

Have him as a 3 tech? Maybe a 7 tech and have Floyd go wide? 

only as a package on obvious pass rush situations. He showed in college he was good at pressure when lined up inside

36 minutes ago, TOboy said:

And why do you think that is? 

Normally details get released quickly when it's a big number.

That being said, it's a one year deal so it's likely the money they saved from extending Oliver so less than 10m likely with a bunch of incentives.

• Agree 1

I was never on the hype train the year he came out, but then he was misused and labelled a bust which was never quite true. He is good vet insurance in the event Von isn't back week 1. Like Von he has really been an OLB but I think he could play the rush end position Von was playing for us. Groot big end, Floyd as the 9 tech on passing downs, bring Shaq in to play in the jumbo package. AJE first off the bench. Boogie here just until Von is healthy. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

51 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’d wager Shaq is in trouble more than Boogie… I’d be surprised if they already conclude Boogie doesn’t have it considering their love and patience for their draft picks.

You are probably right. Beane is obsessed with his draft picks so Shaq will probably be gone instead of Boogie

• Disagree 1

24 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Ngakoue though is better against the run and a smarter player. All things considered neither moves the needle too much when compared to DeAndre Hopkins but I'd rather have the smarter, more disciplined player. Unless Ngakoue was asking for a lot more money, which is possible

Ngakoue is not better against the run.  He is one of the worst in the league.  

• Agree 7

Great signing.  Nothing not to love about it. Proven consistent pass rusher that won a ring rushing opposite Von.  

5 minutes ago, MWK said:

You are probably right. Beane is obsessed with his draft picks so Shaq will probably be gone instead of Boogie

Better chance Lawson is cut but better chance that Basham is traded for a 6th or 7th.  He got a 5th for Ford….. so anything is possible

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Ngakoue is not better against the run.  He is one of the worst in the league.  

Yea that's a very odd take. Ngakoue SUCKS against the run. It is why a man with his sack production can't stick on a roster for more than a year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1