Bills Sign Leonard Floyd

JGMcD2

This is a great move. Floyd was one of about 5 edge rushers still available that I desperately wanted the Bills to sign. It was going to be a glaring need until Von is fully recovered.

I think right now Basham is competing with Shane Ray for the last roster spot. I won't be surprised if Basham is traded for a late day three pick in August.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Meh

the pass rush was dreadful so they needed someone but this guy was a bust until he got to play next to Aaron Donald.

my girlfriend could rack up 6-8 sacks playing next to Donald, Floyd won’t have that luxury here 

What an a$$ you are!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Im “ok” with the WR situation.  Think it has a lot of potential, but also a lot of question marks.  

That said .. I echo that poster’s sentiment.  

It’s truly impressive to me that we were able to, thus far, come away with.. 

Key Losses:  Edmunds, Singletary & McKenzie

Key Additions:  Rapp, Harris, Murray, McGovern, Shell, Harty, Sherfield, Ford & Floyd

Not counting the draft picks, the roster churn this off-season (on paper) has been a massive upgrade. 

Massive upgrade including WR . 

Also Edwards and Murray. 

+

An additional 3rd rder next year

Home run , matter fact grand slam of an off season ! 

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

And hasn't missed a game since 2017 . Wow

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, eball said:

It feels more and more as though Basham and Epenesa will be camp casualties.  It’s disappointing and no feather in Beane’s cap to whiff on two 2nd rounders, but at least he’s not doubling down on the mistake by standing pat.

Hard to criticize this signing.

Epenesa has shown he can play as long as he is on a rookie contract.

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Top 10 pick in 2016 and never really took off in Chicago. 

Has been with the Rams the past 3 seasons and produced 10.5, 9.5 and 9.0 sacks. He’ll get after the QB. 

Chicago drafted a high-upside edge player in the top 10 and then made him an inside linebacker covering all of the time. When he moved to the edge he was able to make a nice impact. One of the reasons why all those dudes got fired in Chicago. 

And 100%...you can never have too many pass rushers and he will help us. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

I have been saying for months that we needed to improve our pass rush, and while DeAndre Hopkins sounded really nice we did have the third overall offense last year and just drafted Kincaid

There were literally five veteran pass rushers that I would’ve been completely happy with Leonard Floyd is always a guy that I pictured pricing himself out of our range

Almost 30 sacks in the last three years

Is available every game
A very consistent guy a guy with playoff experience.

you know that Von Miller had something to do with this I envision Vaughn going on the pup to start the season and so we will have Leonard, Floyd and Groot providing the pass rush, and then it will be Floyd, Vaughn, and groot

Let’s not forget here we’re trying to create teams that can beat the Kansas City Chiefs. You beat the Chiefs by getting after Mahomes.

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Love this move.  Guy isn’t a world beater, but is a solid veteran pass rusher and a heck of a lot better than anyone the Bills have after Miller and Rousseau.  As a pure pass rusher he was the best left on the market.  

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

careful. no negativity allowed here

Not being negative. The contract is probably decent. He’s not getting top dollar signing this late. The risk, simply put, is relying on players into their 30s when the drop off in production/injuries is right around the corner. The defense needed another pass rusher desperately, so he fits. I get it. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Guessing Boogie is a training camp trade. 5th round pick is my guess.

I don’t think Boogie could net a 2026 7th rounder at this point.  But I’d be happy to be proven wrong.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Not being negative. The contract is probably decent. He’s not getting top dollar signing this late. The risk, simply put, is relying on players into their 30s when the drop off in production/injuries is right around the corner. The defense needed another pass rusher desperately, so he fits. I get it. 

What would you consider top dollar?

Low risk, potential high reward signing. I'm on board 

2 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Contract is likely a 1 year deal near vet min with some bonus opportunities.

The best part about this strategy of "going for it all" is we're not mortgaging our future.

No 2nd round draft pick given up for Hopkins. Sorry armchair GM's.

We gained a 3rd round comp for losing Edmunds.

No panicked movements, just flawless execution to set our team up for a Super Bowl and future success.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1