Bills Sign Leonard Floyd

JGMcD2

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

because they just agreed to terms 

Agents get that number out immediately when it suits them. This is very likely a value deal, but hey, you be you and imagine the worst. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think it's important to look at the postseason experience this defense has.  With this rotation up front and hopefully a healthy secondary this is going to be a good defense and one that has been through every element of the postseason and will know what it has to do to win games.  

I am of the belief that if you are going to spend money in this situation you do it up front.  I am really happy how this offseason has gone.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Beane really is the ultimate strategist/poker player. Dude knows how to stack the deck to give his coaches everything they need. If McDermott can’t do it with this crew he has no leg to stand on. I can’t find a weakness on this team besides maybe a 1b WR but hopefully if we don’t nab Hopkins on a 1 year prove it deal then Kincaid can be that guy. 

Great job Beane! Bills Super Bowl here we come.

Calling it Bills over Lions this year. Bet has been placed

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’d value Hopkins over Floyd… but this regime has its priorities/strategy.. defensive line rotation/pass rusher is way above the list for them than WR/skills group.

I think there’s a cost factor here as well

Hopkins was going to cost a ton maybe even completely out of our price range

Freed up some money with the Oliver extension, but not nearly enough to sign Hopkins. However, it looks like enough to be able to get that veteran pass rusher.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Ngakoue though is better against the run and a smarter player. All things considered neither moves the needle too much when compared to DeAndre Hopkins but I'd rather have the smarter, more disciplined player. Unless Ngakoue was asking for a lot more money, which is possible

What! Edge was more important than adding Hopkins. We drafted a first round TE/WR. 

Hopkins would be a great addition as well but in terms of need edge was it. Maybe not as sexy. 

As for Floyd vs Ngakoue, Ngakoue to me is the better player plus younger. Age probably made him more expensive. Either way we got one of the edge rushers available. There were 3-4 that would really impact next year and we got one.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Meh

the pass rush was dreadful so they needed someone but this guy was a bust until he got to play next to Aaron Donald.

my girlfriend could rack up 6-8 sacks playing next to Donald, Floyd won’t have that luxury here 

Is she good in bed too?

39 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Been with your mom on the side for many years, I figured its time to find someone else

That answers my questions. If you have a side piece, that means your girlfriend isn't good in the sack. Either that or she physically abuses you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1