Congratulations to the Buffalo Bandits!

Chandler#81

26 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t the NLL the top lacrosse league? 

I think for indoor lacrosse yeah. Which is basically like Arena Football.

"Real" lacrosse is played outdoors.

The players are just normal people who work 9-5 jobs and do lacrosse as a part-time thing.

29 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I've been to Bills, Sabres and various MLB teams including Blue Jays, Indians, Reds and Cardinals multiple times and the most fun I have ever had was at a Bandits game...not even close.

That's wild. Good for you.

I was just never able to get into it. 

I think the only indoor lacrosse game I've ever been to is a Nighthawks game (Rochester). Walking out I told myself "never again".

Edited by Einstein
  • Dislike 1

Great atmosphere last night.  Was a great time.  

No, it isn't on par with the 4 major sports, but it is a nice win.  

I used to kind of poop on the NLL years back...  but in recent years I have gone to some games... not wearing a giant orange foam Sombrero or anything though.  It is a really good and fun sport to watch.  I used to love hockey in the 80s and 90s and so many things that made it thrilling have eroded.   NLL scratches that itch.  It's fast paced, blue collar crowd eating it up and into the game, an essence of violence and fighting and a game can spin out off its axis

I believe in the sport and league in that it can grow its niche.  If they can somehow bottle what the bandits have and find the right markets... it's remarkable the league has endured 35 years

And imo, players not being able to retire from working forever at the age of 23 is a feature, not a flaw

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Some of the most gifted athletes on the world play Lacrosse, and alot of them push near a million in salary

Not in arena lacrosse.

They players you're talking about play actual (outdoor) lacrosse.

The average NLL player (league the Bandits play in) makes like $15k for the entire season.

• Dislike 1

Way to go Bandits! I was bummed that the game was not televised nationally. I watched last weeks game on ESPN 2 and enjoyed it.  

By the way, anyone dissing them for attendance, are barking up the wrong tree. They averaged almost 15,000 fans per game, for LACROSSE. Buffalo fans are incredible. 

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It's the top Box Lacrosse league...basically similar to indoor soccer to what soccer is. 

Lacrosse is played on a giant field similar to a soccer field in dimensions.

Box lacrosse is a more exciting game a produces way better talent

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Bandits have lasted much longer than the Braves and have numerous titles. 
juss sayin’

Thank the good Lord we don’t have the Braves anymore. Imagine all the threads we would have about them changing their name? 🤣

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Congrats to the Bandits. Winning any championship is an accomplishment.

With that being said, it is on par with the Bisons winning. I hope that they do. If they don’t, I’ll be okay. I do not like how their accomplishments sit equal to the Sabres in the arena. It just doesn’t feel right to me that Rich Kilgore sits alongside Dominik Hasek. I’m fine with a Bandits HOF in the concourse. They do not belong alongside the Sabres. I don’t believe (could be wrong) that Boston recognizes lacrosse players in the same manner as Bird, Russell and Orr. 

Winners get the kudos....

Sabres are empty handed.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Taro Nimbus said:

If you wanna trash a sport, at least try to know what you're talking about.  Some of the most gifted athletes on the world play Lacrosse, and alot of them push near a million in salary

Plus it is kind of nice I expect that the players love the game and the players also get to retain personal lives easier than a star player in any major sport.

12 hours ago, Doc said:

Nice to see the majority of the Pegulas' professional sports teams doing well.  Now it's time for the Sabres to get off the Schneid. 

Have you followed them at all this year? Missed the playoffs by one point. Considering just 2 years ago they lost 18 in a row, I'd say they are trending up.

11 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Are those players better than those in nll? 

NLL: Indoor (or Box) Lacrosse.  PLL: Outdoor lacrosse. Some of the same players play in both leagues since they don't overlap.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Congrats to the Bandits. Winning any championship is an accomplishment.

With that being said, it is on par with the Bisons winning. I hope that they do. If they don’t, I’ll be okay. I do not like how their accomplishments sit equal to the Sabres in the arena. It just doesn’t feel right to me that Rich Kilgore sits alongside Dominik Hasek. I’m fine with a Bandits HOF in the concourse. They do not belong alongside the Sabres. I don’t believe (could be wrong) that Boston recognizes lacrosse players in the same manner as Bird, Russell and Orr. 

It's a niche sport but it's still the top level of that sport. It's not on a par with the Bisons. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.