Ed Oliver big extension

HappyDays

9 minutes ago, Beast said:

Huh. A lot of money for a guy that hasn’t made a play that changed a game in my memory.

Must not have watched the Thanksgiving game this year. He literally won that game for us 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good teams who want to stay good, Draft, Develop and then sign their own players.  

This is the goal of every organization.  I imagine this will help get cap space for this season because 1.4 m is not going to work.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

Good teams who want to stay good, Draft, Develop and then sign their own players.  

This is the goal of every organization.  I imagine this will help get cap space for this season because 1.4 m is not going to work.

It is only a good thing if the players are good and actually worth the money.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, MWK said:

Well that is certainly a debate.  I will wait and see how this defense looks when healthy and everyone is playing.  I imagine he can have a very good season if the secondary stays healthy and miller is back by october and playing at his normal level.  

2 minutes ago, MWK said:

Exactly....GM's tend to have blinders when it is guys they drafted.  I was looking forward to seeing him play in a contract year.  He did not get what the other DT's in his class drafted after him are getting and that is certainly justified but I hope this is not just paying a lot of money to an ok player.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, zevo said:

Why?

Because he's the new whipping boy of the board now that Edmunds is gone. This place isn't happy unless they have at least 1 player every year that they can spew hyperbole about how terrible they are and verbally chase them out of town with pitchforks.

Like I said all offseason, him being extended was the most likely outcome. He was NEVER going to be traded. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.