Ed Oliver big extension

HappyDays

38 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Would have much rather kept Edmunds instead of doing this.  This is a true wtf deal

What is the obsession with Edmunds? One of the least instinctive linebackers I've ever seen man the middle.

Letting him walk will prove to be the wiser choice. I think it would have been for letting Oliver walk, too

• Agree 3

17 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

What is the obsession with Edmunds? One of the least instinctive linebackers I've ever seen man the middle.

Letting him walk will prove to be the wiser choice. I think it would have been for letting Oliver walk, too

You aren’t wrong. The guy got bank to play for the Bears cause the Bears are bad and had the most cap space. 
Tremaine is making almost exactly as much as Fred Warner and he isn’t Fred Warner. 
Eddie’s pay outs him where he is pretty as a player a good but not great player and now the Bills don’t have to reach for a DT in the draft of free agency where they probably would have to have paid similar money anyway. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

Players not producing in a Frazier defense doesn’t mean they can’t produce.  I would blame scheme first then player second.  

I have to believe McBeane sees things we don’t for this $.  

This. I said McD is betting on himself taking over the D, this is a double down move it. We are about to find out.

5 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

it was 6.5, but that doesn't really matter. What matters is it's A LOT less money and a lot more production. Oliver has never even lived up to his rookie contract, and then they give him an top level extension. Total clown move from Beane. It's starting to look like they're already writing off this season and planning for 2024 and beyond. We're going to be fielding a team this year that has equal or lesser talent at nearly every position. Unless you thought we were a guard and a 220lb mlb away from a championship, of course.

image.png

Ridiculous post. This isn’t the NBA. You’re never a player or two away. So much has to click in football and a lot of it is good luck at the right few moments in the playoffs, where it’s win or go home, not a 7 game series. We’re going to compete for a championship every year Josh Allen is healthy and at the helm. Relax.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So, I guess the anti Ed guys brains have exploded…, 🤣 

I can't get over how many here are saying they never saw this coming. Beane has said repeatedly that they would love to try and get a deal done. Said a few times they would look at it after they draft and would like to get something done if they could around training camp.  

Spoiler Alert: They are working on a Gabe Davis contract extension next. And frankly, it's a good chance to maybe get him locked up a little cheaper than he may be come next off season. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BeastMaster said:

Facts 

His instincts were brutal.  His size was really his biggest asset especially in coverage.  But I couldn't stand him consistently getting fooled, especially play action or overreacting in coverage. Just look at Milano compared to him.

I just love Williams instincts and he has similar wingspan then Edmunds 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You aren’t wrong. The guy got bank to play for the Bears cause the Bears are bad and had the most cap space. 
Tremaine is making almost exactly as much as Fred Warner and he isn’t Fred Warner. 
Eddie’s pay outs him where he is pretty as a player a good but not great player and now the Bills don’t have to reach for a DT in the draft of free agency where they probably would have to have paid similar money anyway. 

Edmunds was a good team guy and had ridiculous athletic ability. Unfortunately he seemed a little slow in evaluating a play and rarely made a big play. There’s a reason he wasn’t resigned early on in the process

10 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I just love Williams instincts and he has similar wingspan then Edmunds 

You can 'sweet talk' as much as you want.  Duke is quite happy at Canadian Tire now, Southland Mall store.  District manager position on the horizon! :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Behindenemylines said:

Players not producing in a Frazier defense doesn’t mean they can’t produce.  I would blame scheme first then player second.  

I have to believe McBeane sees things we don’t for this $.  

great point on the old defense.   

but "ole stubby" Ed   ain't growin longer arms and he aint gettin any taller or heavier anytime soon

6 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You can 'sweet talk' as much as you want.  Duke is quite happy at Canadian Tire now, Southland Mall store.  District manager position on the horizon! :thumbsup:

Say what?

Is this a shot at Duke Williams or something.  I'm lost right now 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.