Ed Oliver big extension

HappyDays

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

It's common knowledge the inner workings of the Bills? i'd say its the complete opposite. They keep a very tight lip ship.

Its common knowledge that they collaborate together... one does not make decisions without others approval and we have an analytics team and other recourses for this exact reason. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I love this, if just for the entertainment value on the Board! It should be priceless!!! One for the ages, even!  😋

I've been reading lately about record page number threads . All in all even those are informative and not all boohooing.  The  long threads do produce a lot angst though.  It's  palpable.  And for some of we sickos we find it funny

Im going to look for a weeping and gnashing of teeth emoji. It'll save me keystrokes 

lol

Edited by muppy

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Its common knowledge that they collaborate together... one does not make decisions without others approval and we have an analytics team and other recourses for this exact reason. 

That's not common knowledge and you have zero proof of it lol. You're just making it up.

It's a genuis move if he takes the next step.

He did look much better with Von out there. 

If he has a big year this'll be a steal of a contract like Milano 

He certainly has the potential 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

Bunch of teenagers in here acting like its the end of the world LOL

The one I loved the most was in a reply to one of the tweets I saw about the deal.  "calling it now, 7-9 this season"

Love how a player signing an extension both reduced their win total by 6 but also reduced the number of games that they will play this season.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Pretty sure @GunnerBill predicting this possibility months ago. He's probably in a pub somewhere.

Ha. I have been at a comedy gig. But I have been telling people since January and certainly since they didn't trade him before FA that the most likely outcome was an extension. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Just because a player is the 12th best player at his position in the league (which is debatable IMO) doesn't mean you have to pay him that way. We let Edmunds walk for similar reasons. This devotes even more future cap space to the DL after a tremendous over-investment in that group over the past few years, which gives us less flexibility to pay game changing players around Allen.

I can't find any logic for this extension. It is totally unnecessary IMO and in fact it may lead to Oliver not playing to his best level this year because he has no incentive to push himself to be greater.

Maybe they felt they gambled and lost on Edmunds and didn't want to do the same?

Maybe they are expecting big things from him this year next to Ford and with McD running the D. Beane very well could be trying to lock him up on the cheap before Ed is turned loose and puts up stats that would of commanded a lot more cash.

Edited by Herc11

Just now, Herc11 said:

Maybe they are expecting big things from him this year next to Ford and with McD running the D. Beanr very well could be trying to lock him up on the cheap before Ed is turned loose and puts up stats that would of commanded a lot more cash.

Poor Ford… earning chump change himself… but already making $$$ for the other guys and hasn’t played a down here yet 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.