Someone came to look at my deck this morning, and a funny thing happened

SinatraSinger

On 6/3/2023 at 10:55 AM, SinatraSinger said:

I had a person who restores decks come to give me a quote this morning and his name was Josh Allen.  I of course busted his chops about that and he replied that he was Josh Sr. and the other was Josh Jr.  I chuckled but then he hit me with this little tid bit, this guy is a Dolphin fan.  A freaking Dolphin fan.  I asked him if he really wanted the job.  I had a mind not to.  I like his price, he was very professional, reviews are great but he is a Dolphins fan.  

I decided to give him the job when I remembered that it is no longer the 70's or early 80's and the Dolphins are no loner our real rivals.  For the last 20 years it has been the Pats, but I now think it is becoming the Jets, just my .02

So what would you have done?

If he introduced himself as @mead107, you should require some Stromboli be thrown in, as well.  

On 6/3/2023 at 10:55 AM, SinatraSinger said:

I had a person who restores decks come to give me a quote this morning and his name was Josh Allen.  I of course busted his chops about that and he replied that he was Josh Sr. and the other was Josh Jr.  I chuckled but then he hit me with this little tid bit, this guy is a Dolphin fan.  A freaking Dolphin fan.  I asked him if he really wanted the job.  I had a mind not to.  I like his price, he was very professional, reviews are great but he is a Dolphins fan.  

I decided to give him the job when I remembered that it is no longer the 70's or early 80's and the Dolphins are no loner our real rivals.  For the last 20 years it has been the Pats, but I now think it is becoming the Jets, just my .02

So what would you have done?

I would have started this thread with “Hear me out…”. 

59 minutes ago, eball said:

Perhaps the LAMPiest of LAMP posts ever.  Jesus Christ. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sometimes LAMPs are accidents.  I found out what LAMP meant when I got eye rolls for sharing that I had a bad thought about the Bills playoff chances.  I deserved the text lashing.

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

And major humble brag.  We get it. You have a deck.  Must be nice to be rich.

In some parts of the country 4 pallets screwed together are considered a deck.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.