Someone came to look at my deck this morning, and a funny thing happened

SinatraSinger

As long as they aren't waving white hankies, they don't really bother me.

On the other hand, I look at the right side of this board and I see that today is Mike Shula's birthday.

Why the ***** is a Shula employed by the Bills?:death:

6 hours ago, Prospector said:

Hire him, and play the shout song on blast the entire time he’s working

That’s hilarious.  I’d set up a projector and show non stop Bills Mafia Insanity videos coupled with Bills/Fish Videos of all the games Allen beat them by an avg of 17.

It would be like SERE training for a Dolphins fan.  I must break you.  Then give him a $200 tip for putting up with it.  

Im just kidding as I’m sure he’s probably a nice guy.

6 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Hired him and not paid him is what i would have done 

Donald is that you?

6 hours ago, SinatraSinger said:

I had a person who restores decks come to give me a quote this morning and his name was Josh Allen.  I of course busted his chops about that and he replied that he was Josh Sr. and the other was Josh Jr.  I chuckled but then he hit me with this little tid bit, this guy is a Dolphin fan.  A freaking Dolphin fan.  I asked him if he really wanted the job.  I had a mind not to.  I like his price, he was very professional, reviews are great but he is a Dolphins fan.  

I decided to give him the job when I remembered that it is no longer the 70's or early 80's and the Dolphins are no loner our real rivals.  For the last 20 years it has been the Pats, but I now think it is becoming the Jets, just my .02

So what would you have done?

Do you have a big deck?

7 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Is that bad? I left a girl at the alter because I found out she was a fan of the team that always faced the globetrotters in the 70’s. 

They were America’s team! The ball was a flag for crying out loud! 

How could you not love the New Jersey Generals, and a guy whose name I can't recall from Niagara Falls High in the early 70's played for the Generals. 

49 minutes ago, joemac1114 said:

How could you not love the New Jersey Generals, and a guy whose name I can't recall from Niagara Falls High in the early 70's played for the Generals. 

The New Jersey Generals were a football team in the USFL. The basketball team that lost over 16,000 games to the Globetrotters was the Washington Generals.

8 hours ago, Maynard said:

I had a guy over who was fixing my elliptical last week. He saw my Bills stuff hanging around and quietly said he was a Patsies fan. Every time I walked by the room he was working in I’d yell Go Bills! Must have done it a dozen times. 

Btw, he had to work under a huge Bills Mafia flag I have hanging on the wall. 

I’d check for loose elliptical parts… 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

👆👆100% we just found Antonio Brown's burner account...

My wife is a pats fan. At both kids baby showers people attempted to troll me by buying pats baby gear which ended up in a bon fire that night.

in all seriousness I actually used to have this lady from a bills backer bar who would stain decks id build on renovations I did. She was a legit crack head but ***** could she stain a deck. She could barely function in society but was somehow a painting savant. Her hands would shake when not painting but steady as can be when painting

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Nah. I couldn’t disagree more with this. Obviously, if you can’t afford to get someone to do it. Then yeah, definitely get in there. 

But you get a professional to make sure it’s done right, and you’re giving someone some work. 

I don’t even paint my own deck. 

Long story short, my neighbor built a deck a few years back. Then sold the house for high 6 figures. Deck collapsed with people on it and now this guy is hit with a 6 figure lawsuit. 

• Shocked 1

12 hours ago, phypon said:

Unless you are physically unable to, work on the deck yourself.  It's a deck, not building a skyscraper here.

I misread this the first time I read it and it was funnier not realizing you really said deck.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.