NFL roster grades

Sharky7337

5 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Spot on IMO. I do think our OL can be better, but they'll have to prove it. I'm excited for Torrence's potential. McGovern, not so much. My hope is that Edwards will return to pre-injury form and unseat McGovern. He was slightly above average in LA at one point.McGovern only got a starting job last year and Dallas let him walk because he was subpar. The Bills are gambling that McGovern and Brown can develop into decent OL. Otherwise they look to become career backups.

Yea I think the same ones saying we solved OL likely celebrated saffold, ford, etc… 

we took swings, and they were fine swings but I think on a practical level it’s going to be hard to say we solidly filled the holes. A bit like trying to call a coin toss, we might get 2 in a row, but probably miss on filling one of the holes. Whether that’s the inconsistent vet or the possible falling knife we tried catching that seems like a round  peg in our square system… 

at some point you hit with guys on volume plays but we definitely didn’t go get set it and forget it obvious answers 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

WR should be slightly higher but not by much…. Everyone but some Bills fans think our WRs are good. 😅

RB who cares. 

Think OL should be a slightly better ranking simply by subtracting Saffold, but understand the ranking. 

We may have Jettisoned Saffold but we're still stuck with Brown & Quessenberry. Our interior protection should be improved.  It's the outside that scares me.  JA taking blindside hits?

2 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Terrible rankings the RB,WR and OL are much better than given credit by this guy. The Defense is overrated to a smaller extent than the offense is underrated.

He’s undervaluing the Bengals Oline and RBs as well.  

I assume he adjusted because his math would gave the Bengals with the best roster or at least top 3 if he had those 2 units higher which they should be.  

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

A trade-up 1st as well.  

Davis is better than most realize.  Not saying that it's an elite group, but at some point, despite being unpopular, if you're going to trade-up to get a TE in the 1st, drop $52M on another TE, have one of the most expensive WRs in the league as a FA, you'd better get some production out of the unit, otherwise we need to talk Beane, which few want to do.  

Our RBs are a downgrade from last season as we will see.  At the end of the day though, it's all going to depend upon Dorsey and the chemistry between him and Josh.  If that's there, unlike last season, then we have the potential to be the best offense in the league.  I wouldn't put money on it, but that potential is there.  

I agree. The ultimate key to success this season will be between Josh & Dorsey.  Our offense needs an identity beyond "get open and I'll chuck it".

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/3/2023 at 9:33 AM, GreggTX said:

Spot on IMO. I do think our OL can be better, but they'll have to prove it. I'm excited for Torrence's potential. McGovern, not so much. My hope is that Edwards will return to pre-injury form and unseat McGovern. He was slightly above average in LA at one point.McGovern only got a starting job last year and Dallas let him walk because he was subpar. The Bills are gambling that McGovern and Brown can develop into decent OL. Otherwise they look to become career backups.

No Dallas wanted him back but the Bills offered him a deal he couldn’t turn down that’s all. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.