New stadium official groundbreaking - Monday morning (6/5/2023)

Draconator

2 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Gotta think we’re going to get the draft in buffalo in a few years…that’s going to be amazing 

As well as another outdoor winter classic game now that the Sabres are on the upswing.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Gotta think we’re going to get the draft in buffalo in a few years…that’s going to be amazing 

2027 would be the earliest it could happen (at the new stadium anyways).

If Green Bay can accommodate it then there's no reason Buffalo couldn't.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Yeah 2027 is what I’m assuming too. I think it’s a given we’re going to get it within the next 4-6 years

32 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

26 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Yeah 2027 is what I’m assuming too. I think it’s a given we’re going to get it within the next 4-6 years

Are there “minimim hotel room requirements “ like there are for the Super Bowl?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

No idea.  But I think the same size for attendance could be said for the draft as Buffalo had for the IIHF world juniors.  I believe the attendance was around 330k.

Granted, that was over a 2 week period, not 3 days but I would imagine most of the players, family, fans, etc. would have all been on hand for the start of the tournament.

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

WNY doesnt come close to qualifying.  We MAY have had more of a shot if it could be ready for 2026, the year of the world Cup in the US, many cities dont want/cant  do both a Super Bowl and the WC in the same season.  The Draft is a definite possibility.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

I could only listen to the point where Terry made a cringe worthy comment/joke about being late because McD had to comb his hair.  

I am sure the parts I missed were nothing but a bunch of politicians and Bills staff patting each other on the back. 

Now that the pomp and circumstance is over…LETS GO!!!! Bulldozers, excavators, dump trucks…giddy up!!!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I could only listen to the point where Terry made a cringe worthy comment/joke about being late because McD had to comb his hair.  

I am sure the parts I missed were nothing but a bunch of politicians and Bills staff patting each other on the back. 

Now that the pomp and circumstance is over…LETS GO!!!! Bulldozers, excavators, dump trucks…giddy up!!!

I’m not sure how many groundbreaking ceremonies you’ve been too. I’ve been to over a hundred in my career. I watched this one live, and I have to say it wasn’t too bad actually. (But…  I think the Governor’s speech writers needed to brush up on their Bills history a bit. 😉)

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Don't be surprised if the 2028 NHL Winter Classic is in Orchard Park. That would be the 20th anniversary of the first one.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not sure how many groundbreaking ceremonies you’ve been too. I’ve been to over a hundred in my career. I watched this one live, and I have to say it wasn’t too bad actually. (But…  I think the Governor’s speech writers needed to brush up on their Bills history a bit. 😉)

Yeah I got a huge kick out of the governor quoting “where else would you rather be than right here right now” incorrectly. Which on its own is not that big a deal, except right before she said it she just finished talking about what a die hard Bills fan she is. 

8 hours ago, The Wiz said:

It doesn't need to be at the stadium.  Kansas City hosted this year, and it was in midtown which is 10 miles from the stadium.  The draft is a perfect event for smaller market teams like Kansas City and Buffalo.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.