Is there anything considered very Buffalo you don’t embrace?

Another Fan

18 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

The name “Bills Mafia”.  Never liked it and never will going forward. 

Weber’s Mustard.  🤢

The amount of time it takes to get things done in Buffalo. Canalside and the Outer Harbor should be done by now. 

WNY winters suck!

i'm with you on Bills Mafia, I cringe when I here it

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Whats your international hot dog resume looking like?

Some were in country some were brought here by friends and family that traveled. Poland, Germany, England, Austria, czech Republic, Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Belize, Mexico, China, Japan, Australia, Guatemala and a couple more that we cant remember.

Friend and I owned a restaurant and hot dogs were one of our bigger sellers. Someone told us about the dogs in Germany and we were like bring some back if you can. That turned into everyone that traveled bringing us back hot dogs. A lot I wouldn't even consider it a hot dog more of a sausage.  

I will say that there were times we didn't have everything that was supposed to go with them. Like china the bun is different. More like a dumpling. We just had regular buns. 

7 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Weber's mustard is nothing but common yellow mustard.

Can't agree with this, the taste is unique. The closest I've found is Sweet Hot Mister Mustard. 

Bison french onion dip. Good for sure but I think it and Helluva good are the same thing, I can't tell a difference.

• Agree 2

Yeah, Genny Cream Ale always gave me the sh**s. That’s about it though for Buffalo.

If you’re talking the region, no way in hell would I ever eat that puke on a plate they serve in Rochester.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Can't agree with this, the taste is unique. The closest I've found is Sweet Hot Mister Mustard. 

Bison french onion dip. Good for sure but I think it and Helluva good are the same thing, I can't tell a difference.

If anything I find Bison can be a bit soupy at times.  Helluva Good is fine with me. 

9 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I think table jumping is stupidity.

I agree.

I thought it was kind of funny and cute to an extent during the drought.  Like our team is lousy but we still know how to have fun.

But nowadays now and most Bills mafia antics strike me as stupid 

Edited by Another Fan

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Yeah, Genny Cream Ale always gave me the sh**s. That’s about it though for Buffalo.

If you’re talking the region, no way in hell would I ever eat that puke on a plate they serve in Rochester.

Thats why they call Genny Cream “Screamers”.

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Buffalo Style Pizza like LaNova sucks...proly the worst style of pizza there is

When I went to Buffalo a few years ago I had to try it.

I didn’t think it was bad per say but average NJ pizza I thought was a lot better 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

If anything I find Bison can be a bit soupy at times.  Helluva Good is fine with me. 

Helluva Good is from WNY. It's made in Cuba, NY, just NE of Olean and where Cayuga Greek originates.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Buffalo Style Pizza like LaNova sucks...proly the worst style of pizza there is

I see them when I go back, but I have NEVER had a LaNova pizza. I thought they might have come later, but they go back farther than I do! We just had our regular joints and they weren’t on the list. I guess I didn’t miss anything, might explain why they weren’t on the short list. 

On a related note, I had the BEST pizza of my life last week, and we made it from scratch at a cooking class in Rome. Pizza sounds simple, but there is an enormous gap between the best and the worst. 

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

I see them when I go back, but I have NEVER had a LaNova pizza. I thought they might have come later, but they go back farther than I do! We just had our regular joints and they weren’t on the list. I guess I didn’t miss anything, might explain why they weren’t on the short list. 

On a related note, I had the BEST pizza of my life last week, and we made it from scratch at a cooking class in Rome. Pizza sounds simple, but there is an enormous gap between the best and the worst. 

Little humble brag by my boy Augie!!!!! Buffalo style pizza, all of it, sucks..plain and simple

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Little humble brag by my boy Augie!!!!! Buffalo style pizza, all of it, sucks..plain and simple

I’m up front and looking for any chance, it was AWESOME! 

I like Buffalo pizza, but there is nothing like making your own from scratch! We learned a few things, so hopefully we can up our game. Instead of tossing and kneading they use a rolling pin to get the crust paper thin. Super light, and it didn’t make you feel stuffed. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, T&C said:

Just a sour cream based dip vs. the yucky (I think) whey based dip.

Anything base with sour cream will taste similar,  but I have met some who think they know the difference between Bison and Helluva... 

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

It's basic and unpretentious.  That's what makes it good besides being doughy, bready...

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/4/2023 at 6:25 AM, May Day 10 said:

Weber's mustard is nothing but common yellow mustard.

Nance's is far superior.

Same with sahlen's hot dogs.  Nothing special at all, yet people talk like they are a delicacy.  

A charbroiled Sahlen's from Ted's is something special.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

A charbroiled Sahlen's from Ted's is something special.

Agreed.  The preparation over charcoal is what sets a 'natural casing' hotdog (Sahlen's, Zweigel's) apart from those skinless varieties, which are best heated in boiling water, or on those abominable rollers. 🤨

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.