Is there anything considered very Buffalo you don’t embrace?

Another Fan

I’m from New Jersey and never got into Springsteen, Bon Jovi, the Sopranos, and the shore to some extent.  Heck I root against Rutgers football more often than not…. Stuff considered very NJ by many.

Are there things considered very Buffalo you don’t care for?  I guess if you use this site the Bills aren’t one of them.  But I never seek out eating wings.  The Goo Goo Dolls I tried but couldn’t get into their music 

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

I’m from New Jersey and never got into Springsteen, Bon Jovi, the Sopranos, and the shore to some extent.  Heck I root against Rutgers football more often than not…. Stuff considered very NJ by many.

Are there things considered very Buffalo you don’t care for?  I guess if you use this site the Bills aren’t one of them.  But I never seek out eating wings.  The Goo Goo Dolls I tried but couldn’t get into their music 

Dude the Sopranos is one of the greatest shows of all-time!...and wings would def be a bigger priority if you lived in the Buffalo area lol

I definitely don't embrace the "table-jumping Bills Mafia" aspect of being a Bills fan

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Dude the Sopranos is one of the greatest shows of all-time!...and wings would def be a bigger priority if you lived in the Buffalo area lol

I definitely don't embrace the "table-jumping Bills Mafia" aspect of being a Bills fan.

I agree with you that the Sopranos was a good show, but OTOH, I so wanted Tony and his crew to get killed in a torturous way, EVERY TIME I watched the show, because they were heartless killers.

Also agree with you on your second point.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

1+2 - anti- Polish?🙂

The Poles have been conquered by so many people it is hard to be anti-Polish unless you are anti- self.

A joke I remember as a kid and no I am not Polish but my step siblings are half polish (Pokojski)

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/genie-grants-polish-man-chinese-invasion-wish-ad07fee2f49e

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Try Monster Magnet and The Feelies- the two best things out of NJ that I can think of.

and no, I love everything about Buffalo.

I'm Polish and live in Cheektowaga. I love these two old jokes. 

Q; What do they call the elevator in the Cheektowaga town hall?

A: A ski lift!

Q: Why didn't they build the stadium in Cheektowaga?

A; Every seat would be behind a Pole!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

I don’t embrace the term “Super Fan.” Just because you dress up in a costume and draw attention to yourself does not make you any more of a fan than anyone else. I have not missed watching a Bills game, be it in person or on television, in over 50 years.

Furthermore, there are many fans who have made all of the road trips for decades and taken in every Bills game in person. Those people are super fans. In fact, anyone who has stuck with this team, despite the Super Bowl losses and throughout the drought years, can rightfully call themselves a super fan.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

I'm Polish and live in Cheektowaga. I love these two old jokes. 

Q: Why didn't they build the stadium in Cheektowaga?

A; Every seat would be behind a Pole!

Cheektowaga.   Land of the crabapple.

When the US embassy in Tehran got taken over by lunatic Iranian folks, I was serving as an attack pilot on USS Kitty Hawk.

We were in Subic Bay, the Philippines, leaving in two days for the US at the end of a long cruise.

Instead, we were directed to the Indian Ocean to make ready for a rescue.

Some school in Cheektowaga sent us a giant poster wishing us good luck and prayers.

The ship displayed it on our transit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Cheektowaga.   Land of the crabapple.

When the US embassy in Tehran got taken over by lunatic Iranian folks, I was serving as an attack pilot on USS Kitty Hawk.

We were in Subic Bay, the Philippines, leaving in two days for the US at the end of a long cruise.

Instead, we were directed to the Indian Ocean to make ready for a rescue.

Some school in Cheektowaga sent us a giant poster wishing us good luck and prayers.

The ship displayed it on our transit.

Thanks is all I can give.  Wish there was a salute icon instead,

18 hours ago, Wacka said:

Not far from the truth🙂 .In the 80s, the town supervisor and 6/7 of the councilmen had Polish last names. The one that didn't said his mom was Polish. 

Blue cheese on wings.

I like my wings crispy and without any dipping sauce. Just shaken in a good wing sauce (Frank’s red hot is the best!)

I also laugh at all of the drama over Blue cheese vs. Ranch. I’ll never understand why it’s such a big deal to some people.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.