Do people acknowledge National Donut Day where you live?

BillsPride12

Just had an interesting observation this morning.  I would say the National Donut Day thing has become pretty big in WNY.  Probably being pushed by people's love for Paula's Donuts.  I stopped by a local one this morning to bring some in for co-workers and people were lined up outside before they even opened up waiting to buy Donuts.  Then I was talking to a co-worker of mine in New Jersey this morning on Zoom and she had no idea it was even a holiday...which got me thinking is this another one of those Western New York things?  Actually celebrating National Donut Day?  Does anywhere else do this?  

• Like (+1) 1

Woah, wait a minute. Are you saying that there are some days that aren't Doughnut Day?! 😲

I no longer understand the world and am going to need some time to collect myself........

• Haha (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Just had an interesting observation this morning.  I would say the National Donut Day thing has become pretty big in WNY.  Probably being pushed by people's love for Paula's Donuts.  I stopped by a local one this morning to bring some in for co-workers and people were lined up outside before they even opened up waiting to buy Donuts.  Then I was talking to a co-worker of mine in New Jersey this morning on Zoom and she had no idea it was even a holiday...which got me thinking is this another one of those Western New York things?  Actually celebrating National Donut Day?  Does anywhere else do this?  

I’m not sure they recognize it but one of my fave old school places/shops in the world

https://m.yelp.com/biz/plainfield-donut-shop-plainfield

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I was blissfully unaware of this National Donut Day, here is ridiculously fitness crazed Colorado.

I promise to do my part to publicize it, starting with my first dozen shortly.

That's the thing...I think most people are unaware of it...except here in Buffalo.  Of course it's a holiday Western New Yorkers embrace LOL

image.png.6dab06faa85f2d56e81a7244303dbe3f.png

• Thank you (+1) 1

I went into a Circle K this morning just to pay for some gas and a pop... they have a DD attached. Girl walks up to me and asks if I want a free donut. Sure... got a frosted cruller. So even Florida has it going on, although there are DD all over the place anyways.

DD was a lot better when they made them in house... no longer.

22 minutes ago, T&C said:

I went into a Circle K this morning just to pay for some gas and a pop... they have a DD attached. Girl walks up to me and asks if I want a free donut. Sure... got a frosted cruller. So even Florida has it going on, although there are DD all over the place anyways.

I mean it's a real thing so I'm sure most Donut places are doing deals and specials like that but what I'm referring to is I can't picture people really embracing it as a Holiday in most other places but I feel like in Buffalo people take it seriously!  Paula's was packed this morning with people lined up to bring in Donuts for their co-workers; I didn't listen but I saw that Shred and Ragan(local morning radio talkshow here in WNY) was having somebody on from Tops Markets to talk about Donut Day, I see people sharing posts on Facebook about it being Donut Day lol....It is definitely a "thing" here in Buffalo 

I don't know.  Husband is diabetic so even for one a piece it's a NO NO.

There's no Duncan nor Krispy. All the others and there's plenty are just "Mom and Pop".  Thankfully each is successful so IF we wanted to splurge we have options.

18 hours ago, T&C said:

I wasn’t even thinking about doughnuts when I saw “girl” and “DD attached” 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.