Let's dump on Saffold a little more

Rubes

This guy has been tweeting today about Josh's work in the Bengals playoff game, but all I see is Saffold getting repeatedly embarrassed. I don't know if there was something going on with him that game, like an injury or something, but this is just brutal.

Gives me hope for next year, since the others on the line seem to be doing a pretty decent job in pass blocking, even Brown.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rubes said:

This guy has been tweeting today about Josh's work in the Bengals playoff game, but all I see is Saffold getting repeatedly embarrassed. I don't know if there was something going on with him that game, like an injury or something, but this is just brutal.

Gives me hope for next year, since the others on the line seem to be doing a pretty decent job in pass blocking, even Brown.

I think that  Josh makes that throw if Saffold doesn't lose that rep so badly.  I have thought since it happened that if he makes that throw that the game would have turned out differently. I'm not sure that the Bills would have won, but it would have been a shootout instead of a beatdown. Sometimes a single play can turn a whole game. I think that it did in this case. Also, FWIW Gabe had his man beat on that play too.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, boyst said:

dude was a joke and is a joke. he's a former bill, so just like the dead there is no need to bring them up.

Mostly just in the vein of "how did we specifically improve from last year."

I mean, in this one they have Singletary lined up essentially as an OL next to Saffold, probably because they figured he would completely screw up the threatened blitz.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well he's an easy one to "dump" on if you're gona choose somebody. Thing is, was so frustrating because when he got signed we all knew (or most of us did/should have) he wasn't a great pass blocker in Tenn and was better run blocker. However, while we knew his pass blocking needed work giving a general idea what to expect from him, speaking for myself here, I didn't think he would be much, much worse than I thought.

Edited by Patrick Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Saffold had a great career and was one of the top Guards in the NFL, but injuries took their toll. Am I allowed to bring that up here or is only hate allowed?

I never thought he was that. Overrated his entire career IMO. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

I hope you guys feel better now, 

If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all…, 

what would your moms say if they read your remarks, tsk tsk tsk, 

😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Let’s just beat that horse until it turns into glue, huh

The world needs glue too, my man.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.