Aaron Donald $ Details for Acquiring Team if Traded (Sports Illustrated Article)

Trading Donald would be the toughest move of general manager Les Snead’s career. One could argue it would also be a smart one.

Donald, 32, is entering the twilight of his career. He currently has two years left on his deal with the Rams, including cap hits of $26 million and $34.1 million before a void year in 2025. Meanwhile, Los Angeles is short on talent and long on needs.

If the Rams trade Donald post–June 1, they save $35.1 million over the upcoming two seasons while also netting much-needed draft capital.
On that front, the picks should be excellent considering Donald is the best defensive player of his era,
and would cost the acquiring team only $13.5 million and $10 million, respectively.

• Like (+1) 1

You're gonna earn the nickname "Madden Boy" pretty soon.

What do you think it would cost/draft capital to acquire?

Donald has contemplated retirement for 1+ year, are you willing to risk this isn't just a 1 year rental?

How do we fit the 13.5m under cap this year, is Ed traded somewhere/cut?  Are Rams interested in Ed, why?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Donald has contemplated retirement for 1+ year, are you willing to risk this isn't just a 1 year rental?

How do we fit the 13.5m under cap this year, is Ed traded somewhere/cut?  Are Rams interested in Ed, why?

I posted information from an article. If that's troubling to you, feel free to ignore 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

More important to Bills fans unless Donald is moved to AFC Competition.    Did not think the speculation was worth new thread,

Gabriel Davis, Bills, WR

Let’s be clear: It’s very unlikely the Bills move on from Davis this summer in the midst of a potential Super Bowl season. However, there’s a case for it.

Davis is entering the final year of his rookie deal. Buffalo general manager Brandon Beane knows his cap sheet moving forward is stuffed, including nine players next year who have cap hits of at least $10 million. Davis will command good money, making his inclusion going forward no small feat.

Lastly, if the Bills decide to go all-in on DeAndre Hopkins this season, Davis could be expendable for a quality draft pick, which means a cheaper contract down the road.

34 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Trading Donald would be the toughest move of general manager Les Snead’s career. One could argue it would also be a smart one.

Donald, 32, is entering the twilight of his career. He currently has two years left on his deal with the Rams, including cap hits of $26 million and $34.1 million before a void year in 2025. Meanwhile, Los Angeles is short on talent and long on needs.

If the Rams trade Donald post–June 1, they save $35.1 million over the upcoming two seasons while also netting much-needed draft capital.
On that front, the picks should be excellent considering Donald is the best defensive player of his era,
and would cost the acquiring team only $13.5 million and $10 million, respectively.

I could be wrong but I highly doubt Donald plays on a new team without a new deal.

So I don't buy that you can have him for only $13.5 and $10 million over the next two years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

I think the Rams missed the chance at getting real compensation for him. Guy is a beast but he’s about done. He’d have to go somewhere he really wants to be or he’ll probably just retire like he’s been flirting with the last couple years. 

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Not sure you're response here is an assumption that the OP posted one of those "Go get him Beane" type threads, but OP mentioned nothing about Bills or even implied about Bills getting him, lol but anyways

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Hahaha.  Was going to say the same thing last week. 

• Like (+1) 1

Rams are in a rebuild. More so than trade capital, could be a salary dump, and also at the request of Donald. Silly to hold him prisoner under the circumstances.

Could be a proper storm for a trade. Unlikely here, but would hope we kick the tires. A winner in the locker room is always good

18 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m more interested in what it would cost to get Mike Evans

I was going to say the same thing. 

or most likely going for Chandler Jones. Pass rush is still a huge need for us and if he could be had that cheap with an option year the following year, it’s almost a no brainer. 

Aaron Donald is the most dominant player I've ever seen.  That said, he has 1 foot out the door.  

I guess it could be worth it for a contender who wants him on a year or 2 rental and is willing to mortgage the future a bit for a chance at a Lombardi, I just don't see it here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.