Josh Allen Achieves Childhood Dream - (Josh Allen to be Madden 2024 Cover Reported on Twitter)

Chaos

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it. It's quite clear that there's serious hate for Allen at EA Sports. Despite a somewhat low 93 overall rating, there are several triggers which make him a serious liability. For one, his awareness is far too low causing him to make a lot of bad decisions. While his rate of fumbling is far too high, in Madden, his fumbling is absolutely ridiculous. Additionally, his pocket presence is "paranoid", causing him to panic far sooner than in real life. I once ran a simulation game in spectator mode and he fumbled 3 times in a sequence of just 8 offensive plays including 2 fumbles on 2 consecutive plays. His Madden avatar , despite his leading the NFL in turnovers in 2022, is a far cry from reality. I always have to go into the Bills roster and fix the most obvious errors to get a more realistic performance from him. Otherwise the Bills massively underperform as a team. I fully expect the same nonsense from the Madden raters in Madden 24.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Haha (+1) 1

Mahomes & Brady were the cover athletes for Madden in 2022. Nothing bad happened to them! 

And nothing bad happened to the 2023 cover guy, as he was.... well, not alive 🤔

Just now, GreggTX said:

I doubt it. It's quite clear that there's serious hate for Allen at EA Sports. Despite a somewhat low 93 overall rating, there are several triggers which make him a serious liability. For one, his awareness is far too low causing him to make a lot of bad decisions. While his rate of fumbling is far too high, in Madden, his fumbling is absolutely ridiculous. Additionally, his pocket presence is "paranoid", causing him to panic far sooner than in real life. I once ran a simulation game in spectator mode and he fumbled 3 times in a sequence of just 8 offensive plays including 2 fumbles on 2 consecutive plays. His Maddenavatar , despite leading the NFL in turnovers, is a far cry from reality. I always have to go into the Bills roster and fix the most obvious errors to get a more realistic performance from him. Otherwise the Bills massively underperform as a team. I fully expect the same nonsense from the Madden raters in Madden 24.

This is silly. How is there "serious hate" and how is 93 overall "somewhat low?" 🤣

That leaves only Mahomes & Burrow ahead of him, which is pretty much how most people see it. If we weren't Bills fans, some people would say he's too high. Jalen Hurts is an 89, ranked below Dak Prescott, Lamar Jackson & Justin Herbert. If they rated him any higher, there'd be people raging about how overrated EA has him (which some already do). 

I don't care about his awareness rating though. He does fumble more than other QB's, and he LEAD THE LEAGUE in turnovers last year for all QB's... He's still a 93 overall! That's not "serious hate" by any metric. 

4 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Mahomes & Brady were the cover athletes for Madden in 2022. Nothing bad happened to them! 

And nothing bad happened to the 2023 cover guy, as he was.... well, not alive 🤔

Sort of.  Brady went through a divorce and really started looking his age as the season went on.  More circumstance than curse, but still.  

7 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I doubt it. It's quite clear that there's serious hate for Allen at EA Sports. Despite a somewhat low 93 overall rating, there are several triggers which make him a serious liability. For one, his awareness is far too low causing him to make a lot of bad decisions. While his rate of fumbling is far too high, in Madden, his fumbling is absolutely ridiculous. Additionally, his pocket presence is "paranoid", causing him to panic far sooner than in real life. I once ran a simulation game in spectator mode and he fumbled 3 times in a sequence of just 8 offensive plays including 2 fumbles on 2 consecutive plays. His Madden avatar , despite his leading the NFL in turnovers in 2022, is a far cry from reality. I always have to go into the Bills roster and fix the most obvious errors to get a more realistic performance from him. Otherwise the Bills massively underperform as a team. I fully expect the same nonsense from the Madden raters in Madden 24.

Whenever I play through seasons in Face of the franchise mode, the bills are like 6-11 every year lol

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

He’s literally one of the most over powered players in the game when controlled by a human 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

And nothing bad happened to the 2023 cover guy, as he was.... well, not alive 🤔

This is silly. How is there "serious hate" and how is 93 overall "somewhat low?" 🤣

That leaves only Mahomes & Burrow ahead of him, which is pretty much how most people see it. If we weren't Bills fans, some people would say he's too high. Jalen Hurts is an 89, ranked below Dak Prescott, Lamar Jackson & Justin Herbert. If they rated him any higher, there'd be people raging about how overrated EA has him (which some already do). 

I don't care about his awareness rating though. He does fumble more than other QB's, and he LEAD THE LEAGUE in turnovers last year for all QB's... He's still a 93 overall! That's not "serious hate" by any metric. 

Read my post more closely. Better yet, put he game in spectator mode and use the CPU Skill slider "SIMSLIDERS". Set the game settings to 15 minute quarters and the play countdown to 13 seconds. You'll see what I mean. He's an absolute horror show. My son won't even play Madden any more online because of the absurd fumble rate. Yes he fumbles too much, but 4 or more times per game? For example, Kyler Murray ran 4 times fewer than Allen in 2022, but fumbled almost twice as much. His "Carrying" rating (A player's ability to avoid fumbles) was something like 12 to 16 points higher than Allen's. Clearly that's bias at work.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He’s literally one of the most over powered players in the game when controlled by a human 

True, if you always slide or go out of bounds when you run with him. Plus, when controlled by you, that automatically overrides several of his triggers that make him cost the team wins.

• Shocked 1

I’ll look at it the opposite as you scaredy cats. A man is about to speak. A real man not a fake ass one like @Royale with Cheese or@teef.

Since Madden has started the Bills have not had any players grace their cover. The Bills have also not been to or won a Super Bowl during that same time.

Both trends are about to end.

Now get back to being little girly boys.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

7 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

And nothing bad happened to the 2023 cover guy, as he was.... well, not alive 🤔

This is silly. How is there "serious hate" and how is 93 overall "somewhat low?" 🤣

Read my post more closely. Better yet, put he game in spectator mode and use the CPU Skill slider "SIMSLIDERS". Set the game settings to 15 minute quarters and the play countdown to 13 seconds. You'll see what I mean. He's an absolute horror show. My son won't even play Madden any more online because of the absurd fumble rate. Yes he fumbles too much, but 4 or more times per game? For example, Kyler Murray ran 4 times fewer than Allen in 2022, but fumbled almost twice as much. His "Carrying" rating (A player's ability to avoid fumbles) was something like 12 to 16 points higher than Allen's. Clearly that's bias at work.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

True, if you always slide or go out of bounds when you run with him. Plus, when controlled by you, that automatically overrides several of his triggers that make him cost the team wins.

I’m 11-0 with the bills online playing maybe 2 games a month online 

yea in franchise he seems to regress in a lot of franchises IF you don’t use him but that’s also circumstances 

And basically every quarterback fumbles in madden when they get hit sticker outside the pocket So I learned a long time ago always slide 2 yards early lol

I have a connected franchise with 10 friends that is 12 years long… The one rule was nobody can use Allen… And yes he has regressed

But using him he’s an animal

28 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

That sounds like a lot of work.

30 minutes ago, Beast said:

I’ll look at it the opposite as you scaredy cats. A man is about to speak. A real man not a fake ass one like @Royale with Cheese or@teef.

Since Madden has started the Bills have not had any players grace their cover. The Bills have also not been to or won a Super Bowl during that same time.

Both trends are about to end.

Now get back to being little girly boys.

Okay, whip it out.  Lets see whose is bigger.

• Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.