From Brady to Baker...

DrDawkinstein

Brady was part of the Bucs problem last year. Just didn't have it in many games. I don't see a huge dropoff between what they got out of Brady last year and what they may get from Baker or Trask this year. Experience and friendly flags will be the the main difference. 

Baker can play at an average starting QB level. He's got the best WR tandem he's ever had at his disposal. Would have liked to see him with a more offensive minded coach than Todd Freaking Bowles. 

22 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

LOL, dont think the Bucs have much in terms of expectations this year.

I think they are exepecting to draft top 10 next season possibly top 3

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Mango said:

I don't know man. Baker completed 70% of his passes at OU two years in a row. He might not be a good enough QB when the bullets are flying live at NFL speeds, but I am not going to pretend like lobbing passes to half trotting practice squad tight ends running routes vs air as any indictment. 

First Pass - Domonique Dafney, TE. Barely employed last year, signed and cut to 3 different PS. In GB for 20 and 21, where he caught 4 passes for 60 yards. 
Second Pass - Ko Keift, TE. Rookie last year. 6th round pick in 2022. Dressed for 17 games, 7 catches for 80 yards.

14 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I imagine one could probably find some errant passes at the Bills practice did the press choose to show them.

We know Baker can complete 60% of his passes at the NFL level.

It's just depth-of-the-offseason lols yall

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/1/2023 at 8:28 AM, BuffaloBillyG said:

Brady was part of the Bucs problem last year. Just didn't have it in many games. I don't see a huge dropoff between what they got out of Brady last year and what they may get from Baker or Trask this year. Experience and friendly flags will be the the main difference. 

Baker can play at an average starting QB level. He's got the best WR tandem he's ever had at his disposal. Would have liked to see him with a more offensive minded coach than Todd Freaking Bowles. 

Im no Brady apologist, but that was one of the worst O Lines in the NFL and as a result absolutely no running game so Brady had 2 seconds or less on every play.

It doesn’t matter as he’s gone, and yes even though I live here now, they are going to suck.  They will be lucky to be 5-12.

On 5/31/2023 at 11:48 AM, RoyBatty is alive said:

LOL, dont think the Bucs have much in terms of expectations this year.

They got their championship so it doesn’t matter. They’re rebuilding as is the typical sports cycle.

15 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

It doesn’t matter as he’s gone, and yes even though I live here now, they are going to suck.  They will be lucky to be 5-12.

Do you think the Bucs think 5-12?  Unfortunately, I look at that pathetic division and view the Bucs as serious contenders to take it.  Atlanta and Carolina stink, and New Orleans has been hampered by cap problems.

If the Bucs were of the rebuilding mindset there could be the possibility of moving M Evans.  The Bucs have a lot of money tied into the WR room with Evans, Godwin, and R Gage.

3 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Do you think the Bucs think 5-12?  Unfortunately, I look at that pathetic division and view the Bucs as serious contenders to take it.  Atlanta and Carolina stink, and New Orleans has been hampered by cap problems.

If the Bucs were of the rebuilding mindset there could be the possibility of moving M Evans.  The Bucs have a lot of money tied into the WR room with Evans, Godwin, and R Gage.

To you’re point, they also have a very athletic TE in Cameron Brate.  It doesn’t matter though as I don’t think they have done enough with that pathetic O Line.  We had one retire before last year, lost another to another team, and another on IR.  They were bringing JAGS off the street.

BM might be able to do something if they make more effort for guys cut on O Lines by camp.  A lot of ifs, but NO is my guess as with a bunch coming back and DC may be able to shine a little more.  It was a ballsy move to bring back Gruden as a consultant temporarily who really did get the most out of Carr.  The MTC guys always point out he has the athleticism and speed to scramble more.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.