Andrew Norwell, about to be released by the commanders

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

This feels weird to type...

But I think we are set at the IOL position. Between Bates, McGovern, Edwards and Torrence.... I'd like to see how that room plays out. 

Agreed. For the first time in....ever?......Beane seems to have taken the IOL seriously this offseason. I feel pretty confident that two of the four guys mentioned in the quote above will step up and be capable starting guards, and the two who don't will provide good depth.

Now...Offensive Tackle depth? Well....let's just hope Dawkins stays healthy and Brown takes a step forward. I don't think anyone wants to see Quessenberry, Shell, or Doyle protecting the franchise's blindside.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/30/commanders-cut-cameron-dantzler-put-andrew-norwell-on-pup-list/

Guard Andrew Norwell is also off the 90-man roster. The Commanders placed him on the reserve/physically unable to perform list.

Norwell started 16 games for the Commanders last season, but Tuesday’s move means he won’t be appearing for them in 2023.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/30/report-commanders-will-release-andrew-norwell-after-he-passes-a-physical

The Commanders announced Tuesday that they placed starting offensive guard Andrew Norwell on the reserve/physically unable to perform list.

The team will release him once he’s healthy enough to pass a physical, John Keim of ESPN reports.

Norwell missed the final game of last season with a hip injury, Keim reports Norwell has a right elbow issue that has lingered this offseason.

Sounds like a player breaking down.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

This feels weird to type...

But I think we are set at the IOL position. Between Bates, McGovern, Edwards and Torrence.... I'd like to see how that room plays out. 

To be clear, I wasn’t suggested that we get him only that there was a time whenever he was considered the number one free agent target for us, and now he’s being released not traded flat released

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Agreed. For the first time in....ever?......Beane seems to have taken the IOL seriously this offseason. I feel pretty confident that two of the four guys mentioned in the quote above will step up and be capable starting guards, and the two who don't will provide good depth.

Now...Offensive Tackle depth? Well....let's just hope Dawkins stays healthy and Brown takes a step forward. I don't think anyone wants to see Quessenberry, Shell, or Doyle protecting the franchise's blindside.

Just my opinion, but I feel a lot better about the position now that they brought in Brandon shell who isn’t a scrub

• Agree 1

Never heard of him,

This guy was a decent player at one time and would have helped our OL in the last couple of seasons, but I agree with most here that the Bills have adequately addressed the position this offseason to the point that there's no need to take a look at Norwell.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.