Tailgating Groups ??????????????

Chuck Schick

Making the trip up from VA for at least one game with some friends and family.  It is kind of a hassle to drag a grill/chairs/table/food with me. ( Beer is never a problem or inconvenience 😁).

When walking around the lots, I see some set-ups where you pay $20 or so to jump in on their tailgate, or even designated areas where radio stations have something going for those that paid.

Does anyone have recommendations or connections to any of these types of tailgate set-ups?  I could just wing it, but you know how it can be with a group on gamedays.

• Simon changed the title to Tailgating Groups ??????????????

Not nearly enough question marks, why bother starting a thread with so few?

• Haha (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Chuck Schick said:

Making the trip up from VA for at least one game with some friends and family.  It is kind of a hassle to drag a grill/chairs/table/food with me. ( Beer is never a problem or inconvenience 😁).

When walking around the lots, I see some set-ups where you pay $20 or so to jump in on their tailgate, or even designated areas where radio stations have something going for those that paid.

Does anyone have recommendations or connections to any of these types of tailgate set-ups?  I could just wing it, but you know how it can be with a group on gamedays.

Chuck, Dawk is right.  You want to do it right you go to Hammers.  It’s diagonal across from the famous Big Tree.  Now, you’d better be there on a 1 pm game by 8:15-8:30 or you won’t get into the lot.  Get a cardboard and marker and place TSW or TBD.  Hammers is a friend and if you tell them you’re long distance, they’ll do the best to find a spot for you.

If you don’t get in, just park in the lot next door and walk over.

Youll get the full treatment with the bowling ball, the ketchup and mustard squirting from the RV, etc.  it’s an experience brother with the best fan base in the NFL.   Just bring your cooler, and have a blast.  I’d say bring lawn chairs but so many stand all morning long.

Well be up for the Raiders game in September.  Should be fun.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Chuck, Dawk is right.  You want to do it right you go to Hammers.  It’s diagonal across from the famous Big Tree.  Now, you’d better be there on a 1 pm game by 8:15-8:30 or you won’t get into the lot.  Get a cardboard and marker and place TSW or TBD.  Hammers is a friend and if you tell them you’re long distance, they’ll do the best to find a spot for you.

Youll get the full treatment with the bowling ball, the ketchup and mustard squirting from the RV, etc.  it’s an experience brother with the best fan base in the NFL.   Just bring your cooler, and have a blast.  I’d say bring lawn chairs but so many stand all morning long.

Thanks guys that sounds like the way to go. I went to Hammers last year for the Vikings game.  Very fun but so packed I couldn’t really get my bearings.  Did sneak in a bowling ball shot though. 

6 minutes ago, Chuck Schick said:

Thanks guys that sounds like the way to go. I went to Hammers last year for the Vikings game.  Very fun but so packed I couldn’t really get my bearings.  Did sneak in a bowling ball shot though. 

Chuck, the lot next to Hammers on the same side closer to the Big Tree doesn’t fill up as fast and you can just walk over.  We’ve done that several times as you get space when you want it, and then pop over for the experience.

Youre Mafia brother so means you’re family!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’d recommend no later than 8. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

if you're not in line by 8am you're not getting in. there is a line by 7am for all the games before dec.

if you're not getting there to get in line by 7:30 you probably aren't getting in...and even then, it is risky.

i only risk this when i have a reserved spot (which i do)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Chuck Schick said:

lol, I did one (actually a couple!) that game as well!!!  My first time trying it.  Couldn’t blow the damn horn, though…

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

I’d recommend no later than 8. 

I was out there before the sun came up trying to make a left turn in. I shoved my wife out into traffic (she’s pretty quick and nimble for her age, former gymnast, hard to get a clean shot on her, like Barry Sanders) and had to get @mead107 to stop traffic to allow me in. Clearly, he had impaired judgement at the time. But we will not judge the tailgaters. 

It wasn’t until a few hours later that you broke into my rental car, almost causing me some security deposit fee for what nearly happened on that seat! 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.