Leslie Frazier: Hopefully I’ll have a chance to interview for head coaching jobs in 2024

JohnNord

Former Bills Defensive coach Leslie Frazier spoke to Albert Breer of Si.com.  He is saying that he’s optimistic to get a HC job in 2024, and his plan to step away this season was to “re-charge” to prepare for a HC position.  

Most interesting quote was:

”Hopefully, an owner will give me a chance to talk to him about an opportunity,” Frazier said. “If that doesn’t happen, I’m good. I’ve had a good career. I’m good. My goal is to be a head coach. I know I don’t have much time left, I’m at an age where it seems like owners are going younger and younger, but I think I have some things I can bring to the table. We’ll see what happens.”

Does this mean that Les is retired unless he can find a HC spot?

Contrary to what some may say, his defenses always rank at the NFL.  Believe it or not,  If you look at the totality of his defensive rankings the past few years, he has a stronger resume than Vic “the genius” Fangio.  

With that being said, if HC is his goal, it’s going to ridiculously tough to catch on after the way the 2022 season ended.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/30/leslie-frazier-hopefully-ill-have-a-chance-to-interview-for-head-coaching-jobs-in-2024/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

Former Bills Defensive coach Leslie Frazier spoke to Albert Breer of Si.com.  He is saying that he’s optimistic to get a HC job in 2024, and his plan to step away this season was to “re-charge” to prepare for a HC position.  

Most interesting quote was:

”Hopefully, an owner will give me a chance to talk to him about an opportunity,” Frazier said. “If that doesn’t happen, I’m good. I’ve had a good career. I’m good. My goal is to be a head coach. I know I don’t have much time left, I’m at an age where it seems like owners are going younger and younger, but I think I have some things I can bring to the table. We’ll see what happens.”

Does this mean that Les is retired unless he can find a HC spot?

Contrary to what some may say, his defenses always rank at the NFL.  Believe it or not,  If you look at the totality of his defensive rankings the past few years, he has a stronger resume than Vic “the genius” Fangio.  

With that being said, if HC is his goal, it’s going to ridiculously tough to catch on after the way the 2022 season ended.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/30/leslie-frazier-hopefully-ill-have-a-chance-to-interview-for-head-coaching-jobs-in-2024/

I can think of 13 solid reasons why he will never be a HC again in the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 7
  • Dislike 1

Leslie is a very good man and he can retire with immense pride, having been a key part of the historic 85 Bears D (some say the best ever) and some respectable coaching achievements.

He's correct in noting teams are going to younger coaches — and many prefer offensive coaches to lead a team in an offense-driven league.

I sincerely wish him the best but don't think a head coaching position is in the cards.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, wppete said:

He will definitely get interviews. Highly doubt anyone hires him as a Head Coach….. BTW I thought he was taking a year off and coming back as the Bills DC? 😂 

Nobody ever said that. Not Leslie and not the Bills.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, wppete said:

He will definitely get interviews. Highly doubt anyone hires him as a Head Coach….. BTW I thought he was taking a year off and coming back as the Bills DC? 😂 

after a full year off and how the last two years ended… not sure a 65 year old defensive minded retread will get interviews beyond convenience of not being employed but able to satisfy requirements for teams wanting to race a candidate through the process. 

As he’s seemingly a solid dude, I hope that’s not the case as it feels like the worst path forward but think that is likely where he stands with the league come early January 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

after a full year off and how the last two years ended… not sure a 65 year old defensive minded retread will get interviews beyond convenience of not being employed but able to satisfy requirements for teams wanting to race a candidate through the process. 

As he’s seemingly a solid dude, I hope that’s not the case as it feels like the worst path forward but think that is likely where he stands with the league come early January 

Yes I agree he seems like a great guy. Can’t see anyone hiring him and the interviews he is going to get will be disingenuous. Sad. 

5 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Smoke screen: He wants McD's job. Les and Peg are tiggggghhhttt.

He might be onto something! There are some posters around here who think McD is one bad stretch away from being on the hot seat! 

I suppose that is good for entertainment value. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.