Bills signing OT Brandon Shell from miami

dreadlox

54 minutes ago, Pete said:

How many do the Eagles have?

to beat KC or Cincy you have to have a great pass rush

Yeah, I watched us beat KC last season, with the same DL we have right now. Did you?

I also watched us beat them with Jerry Hughes as our best pass rusher and a green Rousseau.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, I watched us beat KC last season, with the same DL we have right now. Did you?

I also watched us beat them with Jerry Hughes as our best pass rusher and a green Rousseau.  

What happens playoff time?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

What happens playoff time?

Last season, we were injured.  The year before, we didn’t have Von Miller.  We played KC with Von and he closed them out, wrecking them in the 4th qtr.  He obliterated their final 3 drives. 

KC and Cinci’s pass rushers were healthy.  take Chris Jones off the KC D last year and they don’t win the SB.  

I’m not going to talk about the “playoffs” like they’re all the same. They aren’t.  When’s the last time you saw von Miller play in the playoffs for the Bills?  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The more I hear about Shell, the more hopeful I'm becoming.  He was regarded as a backup caliber offensive tackle when he came out of college, but has started 72 games and at least according to Miami's head coach, he has improved every year.  McDaniel also says he can play left tackle.  That may mean he is a legit swing tackle possibility if he does not beat out Brown.  I still think the Bills would like Brown to win the starting RT job and Doyle to win the swing tackle job because they are both relatively young, athletic and on their rookie deals.  Shell is a real good insurance policy in any case.

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/29/2023 at 9:53 AM, Warriorspikes51 said:

Wait….I thought some posters said since the roster was at 90 there was no way Beane would sign anyone else🤪

this is a quality signing. He should really push Brown for starting RT

He hasn't signed yet.

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

Last season, we were injured.  The year before, we didn’t have Von Miller.  We played KC with Von and he closed them out, wrecking them in the 4th qtr.  He obliterated their final 3 drives. 

KC and Cinci’s pass rushers were healthy.  take Chris Jones off the KC D last year and they don’t win the SB.  

I’m not going to talk about the “playoffs” like they’re all the same. They aren’t.  When’s the last time you saw von Miller play in the playoffs for the Bills?  

Time and time again, when it counts, the Bills pass rush is non existent.  Injuries are part of the game.  No excuses.  
Like I stated- Bills are loaded on offense.   The only glaring hole IMO is pass rush, which is ok during regular season, but disappears playoff time.  Fix that Beane

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Time and time again, when it counts, the Bills pass rush is non existent.  Injuries are part of the game.  No excuses.  
Like I stated- Bills are loaded on offense.   The only glaring hole IMO is pass rush, which is ok during regular season, but disappears playoff time.  Fix that Beane

Time and time again…. When we didn’t have the roster we have now.  When we had our current defensive roster on the field, our d was very good.  Our pass rush was very good.  We beat KC in KC with our pass rush being a key contributor. 

You should be talking about ONE playoff game.  The playoff game with our current pass rushers.  Not the playoff games with Jerry Hughes as our only good pass rusher.   

just need to stay healthy. We knew that when we signed Von. Didn’t happen last year.  Hopefully it can happen this year.  We have a solid rotation 

The bengals had 30 sacks last year .  4th worst in the league. 

10 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

It's awfully positive up there ⬆️; almost...too positive

giphy.gif

New meds…, 

On 5/29/2023 at 12:41 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Have to believe that Tommy Doyle is kinda on the hot seat then as training camp starts in about 6 weeks or so and Shell didn’t do too bad as Miamis starter last year. 

Anyone know how Doyle is recovering from the ACL tear he suffered week 3 at Miami in the Sauna bowl?  Hopefully he is ready for camp since the injury was early last season.  How about if he plays well and Shell plays well?  Then Brown could be on the hot seat this summer fighting for a spot on the roster.  Love bringing in competition at RT.  At worse this will hopefully get rid of Quessenberry.  He was awful at times last year.  But did have a bad ankle injury.  

9 hours ago, Pete said:

The only glaring hole when von Miller is injured, is the pass rush……

it’s not a hole when we are healthy.  

If Stefon Diggs gets hurt, our glaring hole will be WR.  

If Matt Milano get hurt, the only glaring weakness will be LB

If tredavious white gets hurt, the only glaring weakness is CB. 

if Josh Allen get hurt, our only glaring weakness is QB.  

if James cook gets hurt, our only glaring weakness is RB. 

depth is a problem for every team.  Replacing injured all pros isn’t easy.  

I feel your argument is weak.  

agree to disagree.  

1 hour ago, Negan said:

Nice hopefully our new Right Tackle

Hopefully he’s not because Spencer Brown improves and earns the job.  We have Brown has more upside and is under contract for 2 more seasons.  While Shell is one and done

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.