Bills signing OT Brandon Shell from miami

dreadlox

This is why I always wait until the start of the season before I evaluate what the Brandon is done in the off-season

If we were told that shell was brought in as one of our actual free agents during free agent time as a insurance in policy, people would’ve been thrilled

Instead, we didn’t bring one in during the free agent time and we didn’t draft one during the draft. They are mostly guards in the draft.

But Brandon is always working. Shell is an excellent pick up at this point 

• Like (+1) 7

I love what Beane has done to improve OL, TE, WR, RB, DT this past offseason.  Bills O is stacked.  

We have one glaring need, which I’m sure Beane is working on.  Pass Rush.  Bills need one more proven pass rusher IMO

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Yeah he can do a cone drill !  Too bad blocking isn’t part of the score. 12 out of 1143 over 34 years and he still was considered a reach in the fifth round. Must be a reason. Watching him play do you think he is elite In explosion or agility? 
Hey if he earns a roster spot that’s great. He is cheap labor. Can’t wait for training camp

I’m willing to be convinced. Was there a chorus declaring Tommy Doyle a reach in the fifth round?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

22 hours ago, ganesh said:

Their starting QB was diagnosed with two documented concussions !

He didn’t play in either of those 2 games.  As for the Green Bay game, no one knows on which play it happened and who was responsible. 

Edit:  Actually I found the play and it wasn't Shell's man that did it.

Edited by Doc

12 hours ago, Perk71 said:

I like what Beane the wizard is doing. He is making sure they get a great OL with all these signings. May the best 5 be the starting 5. I don't care who it is, just kick ass 🤙🏼

Go Bills!!

Perhaps a more accurate statement would be "He is making sure that the OL is not one of the worse in the league with these signings."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, Pete said:

I love what Beane has done to improve OL, TE, WR, RB, DT this past offseason.  Bills O is stacked.  

We have one glaring need, which I’m sure Beane is working on.  Pass Rush.  Bills need one more proven pass rusher IMO

How many proven pass rushers do the bengals and chiefs have?

sure, it would be nice…. But I don’t think “need” is the right word.  What we need, is to stay healthier

24 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

If this is the case, everyone should be extremely concerned.

Can you explain further? I'd be concerned if we didn't get some competition in here for our 3rd-year starting right tackle with a history of back injuries and a long development path still ahead.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

If this is the case, everyone should be extremely concerned.

Outside of Quessenberry and Bates, the Bills had exactly zero for depth to push Spencer and also back him up in case of injury—have to like that Beane is addressing wherever he can to plug holes, because Shell is instantly a better answer than Q or B, imho. 

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Because if Brown plays badly enough that Shell wins that job the RT position is going to be a disaster.

Brandon shell has a lot of starts under his belt I think maybe you’re looking at the fact that he wasn’t resign by Miami as some kind of pointer that he isn’t good

Would probably be the best back up tackle we have had in a while

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Brandon shell has a lot of starts under his belt I think maybe you’re looking at the fact that he wasn’t resign by Miami as some kind of pointer that he isn’t good

I'm looking at the fact that he's available on May 29th as a street free agent as well as the fact he wasn't retained as well as the fact that the Bills will be his 3rd team in 3 years and 4th team overall as indicators that he's probably not fantastic.

Players that are actually good don't usually bounce around like that and are very rarely available in the manner in which he was available at the price he was available at. If he's better than Brown it means Brown was God awful.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Also, I'm totally unimpressed that he's started a lot of games. Bobby Hart has started 67 games in the NFL. Bobby Hart sucks.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

How many proven pass rushers do the bengals and chiefs have?

sure, it would be nice…. But I don’t think “need” is the right word.  What we need, is to stay healthier

How many do the Eagles have?

to beat KC or Cincy you have to have a great pass rush

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.