Thurman Thomas having a moving sale June 1-3

UConn James

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

His construction company started before Pegula owned the bills lol

It was not established for the purpose of building the new stadium

Yeah because nobody in Buffalo or anyone in any capacity thought the Bills didn’t need a new stadium sometime soon. 

• Eyeroll 1

On 5/29/2023 at 5:19 AM, Mr. WEO said:

It’s not an auction, it’s an estate sale.  Basically it’s a yard sale.  The vast majority of this stuff, if you look through the pictures, is someone’s junk.   Most of it likely won’t sell.  The only things of value might be some of the signed Bills sports stuff. 

I was referring to the person who said you could make a small fortune buying this stuff and selling it back to sports memorabilia collectors.  

The company that he paid does to run this sale takes a percentage of the total sales.  They also sprung for security.  That means that it’s highly likely someone on the staff will know the value of the collectibles and will price them accordingly.   

For that reason, I don’t think this sale will make fan wealthy.  But if might be a good way for a collector to find something cool…  I just don’t think it will be cheap

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I was referring to the person who said you could make a small fortune buying this stuff and selling it back to sports memorabilia collectors.  

The company that he paid does to run this sale takes a percentage of the total sales.  They also sprung for security.  That means that it’s highly likely someone on the staff will know the value of the collectibles and will price them accordingly.   

For that reason, I don’t think this sale will make fan wealthy.  But if might be a good way for a collector to find something cool…  I just don’t think it will be cheap

Yes, estate sellers take the hassle of getting rid of this stuff away from the homeowner.  Anything of significance, the seller (TT) will have the price he wants in mind.  The estate liquidator may help suggest bulk pricing for the piles of clothing (based on their experience), but the seller will set the prices unless they don't want to bother.

If you look at the pictures, the vast majority is run of the mill yard sale stuff--clothes, shoes, well used sport equipment, cheap art, some furniture.  There look to be a few TT/Bills memorabilia that may bring some significant money, but they will struggle to get all of the rest sold.  There's just too much "stuff".  

Thurman and Pattie are in the same situation as me and my wife and half the empty nest couples in our neighborhood- time to downsize, but we’ve accumulated so much stuff over the years, now we have to decide what we really need. Decisions decisions. 
  Sadly the younger generations don’t have any desire for our fine wood furniture, China, collectibles, etc. 

The thrift stores and Goodwill have reached capacity. Some once-cherished items are going to end up in a landfill. 

Next stop, assisted living!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 5/31/2023 at 9:39 AM, SoMAn said:

Thurman and Pattie are in the same situation as me and my wife and half the empty nest couples in our neighborhood- time to downsize, but we’ve accumulated so much stuff over the years, now we have to decide what we really need. Decisions decisions. 
  Sadly the younger generations don’t have any desire for our fine wood furniture, China, collectibles, etc. 

The thrift stores and Goodwill have reached capacity. Some once-cherished items are going to end up in a landfill. 

Next stop, assisted living!

We are in the process of downsizing ourselves and going through what remains of my dads stuff as he is in assisted living and probably a true nursing home soon.

My problem is I have to let go of stuff that I don’t need.  Forget the emotional connection.  I do not want my kids to have to go through what we are with my dads stuff.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.