Nyheim Hines gets it, better than the coaches, better than the GM.

Chaos

On 5/28/2023 at 12:21 AM, White Linen said:

Not that you're saying this but my issue isn't that he runs when he feels the timing is right or to make a play or that he even runs when there's a target he didn't see open.

It's that he does that and then the coaches call additional run plays for him.  Ridiculous,  IMO.  That's where I get frustrated with their comments and some posters here.

Agree. I believe 100% that there should absolutely zero (minus the 3rd and 1 sneak up the middle) designed Allen runs. Just let him play his hero ball and make something happen on his own. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, benderbender said:

When Newton started taking time/focus from the film study and put it towards his wardrobe, THAT is when he broke down. 

Don't be ridiculous because you envy his clothes.  Plenty of time for him to do both since he is not going to study film 24x7.

9 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Don't be ridiculous because you envy his clothes.  Plenty of time for him to do both since he is not going to study film 24x7.

So jealous. You read me like a playbook Newton didn’t study while arranging this ensemble. 

00-story-cam-newton.jpg

It’s what he didn’t with his other 24/7 when you minus 8 hours for sleeping, an hour for potty time(just to cover all bases), maybe 30 mins per meal. I guess there wasn’t enough time in the day for game film study. But there was always time for 

image1.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/27/2023 at 9:26 PM, Chaos said:

Listening to Nyheim Hines on XM radio NFL channel today was very encouraging.  He was asked about whether or not Josh Allen should be running less.  And his response was perfect. (paraphrasing here).  Hines said : Its the job of the coaches and the rest of the offense to protect Allen and play better, so there is no reason for him to run.    The correct response and far more on point the McDermotts and Beanes off-season whining on this subject. 

You really Think a player gets the over all picture better than a HC and a GM Just because he is a good speaker on radio? WHO was talking about well before this aired that Josh needs to run less? Thats right our HC.   Just a stupid title. 

On 5/27/2023 at 9:36 PM, What a Tuel said:

McDermott:

Beane:

So not sure what you are talking about. There are some times when Allen does not HAVE to take the punishment he does. Minimizing those risks, are not whining, thats smart. Think Hines would say the same.

It only took them 5 seasons to catch on to what everyone else already knew?

On 5/27/2023 at 10:11 PM, JerseyBills said:

Allen refuses to check it down. Been saying this since his rookie year. The check downs would negate his reason to run

To be fair if most humans had Josh’s physical skills they’d have a hard time not trying to throw lasers downfield.  Chicks dig the longball!!  I do agree though when Josh is willing to take the easy stuff the offense just flows so nice.  I’m hoping Dorsey gets there but Daboll had this offense humming his last two years.  

On 5/27/2023 at 9:26 PM, Chaos said:

Listening to Nyheim Hines on XM radio NFL channel today was very encouraging.  He was asked about whether or not Josh Allen should be running less.  And his response was perfect. (paraphrasing here).  Hines said : Its the job of the coaches and the rest of the offense to protect Allen and play better, so there is no reason for him to run.    The correct response and far more on point the McDermotts and Beanes off-season whining on this subject. 

Yes it would have been much more productive if McD and Beane both just said: The coaches did a great job, the players all sucked! That will help build moral!

You must just spend al  day looking for comments you can use however best against whomever is your latest target which for the most part is McD and Beane.

• Like (+1) 1

To be a reliable underneath receiver for the Bills you need to be securely in Allens trust tree.  After Beasley there was not much last year.  Mckenzie was not.  Crowder didnt stay healthy enough.  I think Cook is getting close.  Out of the Kincaid, Harty, Sherfield, Hines and Shakir the guy who gains his trust will be the guy thats most productive.  

Off topic sorta, but what the heck was the point of adding Hines? Especially w/ the stupid new kickoff rule. If they wanna protect Josh then Dorsey better figure out how to use the plethora of RBs he has. There’s a lot of Talent there. Hines should be used in a Marshall Faulk type role. It’s just a lot of talent that was wasted last season. I’ll cut Dorsey some slack being a rookie, but he needs to take the gigantic weight of the offense off Josh’s shoulders or he won’t last until his mid-30s. Rant over 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, benderbender said:

So jealous. You read me like a playbook Newton didn’t study while arranging this ensemble. 

00-story-cam-newton.jpg

It’s what he didn’t with his other 24/7 when you minus 8 hours for sleeping, an hour for potty time(just to cover all bases), maybe 30 mins per meal. I guess there wasn’t enough time in the day for game film study. But there was always time for 

image1.jpeg

https://youtu.be/g4SEPufzG7s

Allen refuses to check it down. Been saying this since his rookie year. The check downs would negate his reason to run

Arguably our best team did, first KC year. Then we lost the personnel to play this way. Hopefully Kincaid helps and I guess at this point, Gabe doesn't go invisible 3/4ths the season 

He really does. This drove me nuts, especially last season when everything was forced downfield. You'd see the underneath routes wide open. Easy 8-10yd completions all day long.

• Agree 1

On 5/30/2023 at 10:09 AM, Mr. WEO said:

If Hines's summary understanding of the Bills  Offense is "there is no reason for him to run", then this is why they won't let him be part of it.

That is not what Hines said. But ok. 

11 hours ago, Santana said:

He really does. This drove me nuts, especially last season when everything was forced downfield. You'd see the underneath routes wide open. Easy 8-10yd completions all day long.

I’m wondering if it’s his comfortability with whoever is running across the field in the middle he was willing to check it down when we had prime beas I’m hoping that Kincaid can fix this a little.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.