PSA For Men of TSW

The Avenger

On 5/27/2023 at 9:37 PM, Einstein said:

Honestly, I touch my balls so often that I think I would find anything abnormal fairly quickly.

Glad you’re healthy and it was just a cyst!

I was going to write something similar; I can't imagine not being intimately familiar with the status of your balls, at all times.  I'm guessing the OP doesn't tend to the shrubbery down there.  That's gross.

On 5/30/2023 at 12:21 PM, Wacka said:

PSA is just a blood test and can be done when you have a blood draw for other periodic tests.Friend had it done  and the year before it was normal. If he would have skipped that year, he probably be dead now.

things change.  US preventative task force says no to PSA for mass screening.  Urologists and oncologists disagree.  My take is to have it done.  If it's mildly elevated have it checked at least yearly.  If the trend is increasing get a biopsy.  Free PSA tasing is also useful https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/what-is-the-difference-between-psa-and-free-psa-20091001114.  Checking your nut sack occasionally makes good sense.

Edited by redtail hawk

On 5/27/2023 at 8:13 PM, The Avenger said:

OK, not exactly the type of LAMP I want to make, but I feel this is important.

Gentlemen, do your shower self-checks for testicular lumps/abnormalities. 

This is something I have not been good at remembering. This week I found a lump - a huge lump and it was scary as s%¡+. Immediately called my primary care doctor and they gave me an appointment the next day. Doc asked all kinds of questions including how long since I noticed the issue. I felt absolutely awful that my lack of checking could have allowed a serious issue grow until it was a major growth.

Got an ultrasound at the hospital the next day (not painful at all) and within hours got the report that it was a cyst and not anything scarier like a tumor or unknown mass - WHEW!

A couple of anxious days and restless nights and now I'm all about reminding guys to be diligent - we're usually not so great at self care but you don't want a situation like this. The women in your life probably do their self checks - we need to follow suit.

Glad you’re OK

I think people of both sexes need that friendly reminder to check themselves.  I saw data a while back that a surprising # women with breast cancer had the lump found by their SO

When I was a grad student, the wife of one of our professors - a physician!!!!!!! - was being treated for a golf ball size lump that was cancerous.  A physician!!!! Golf ball size! 

we can all do better by ourselves

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Glad you’re OK

I think people of both sexes need that friendly reminder to check themselves.  I saw data a while back that a surprising # women with breast cancer had the lump found by their SO

When I was a grad student, the wife of one of our professors - a physician!!!!!!! - was being treated for a golf ball size lump that was cancerous.  A physician!!!! Golf ball size! 

we can all do better by ourselves

Wait...we can all...do better...by ourselves? 😏

Or...we can all do better by ourselves!😇

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.