JJ Watt - Bills Mafia is “one of the best fan bases in the entire world”.

BillsFan619

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I’d really love it if JJ Watt just went away. 

Preach brother.  Unfortunately in five years we’ll have to endure the HOF ceremony, but I stopped watching those anyway unless a Buffalo Bill is being inducted.

Dude defines the “look at me” generation, and it was always obvious he was not a team-first guy.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Another player who said he wanted to play for a contender, then signed for the paycheck.

This guy is so over hyped.  He couldn't stay healthy, and he didn't even play defensive line.

He was purely in "get a sack" mode at all times, often jumping out way wide leaving enormous holes on the line so he could get his personal glory.

Guys like this have almost NO translation to wins in my opinion.

Spend the money on Offense.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I’d really love it if JJ Watt just went away. 

where?  A Bills fan contacted him and he replied. What a horrible person.

The guy responds to a Bills fan, very politely and positive, and he gets ragged on. Crazy.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

This guy is so over hyped.  He couldn't stay healthy, and he didn't even play defensive line.

He was purely in "get a sack" mode at all times, often jumping out way wide leaving enormous holes on the line so he could get his personal glory.

EJ Manuel & Josh Allen might both might a thought on the translating to wins, but overall good point. 

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

He was a monster run stuffer

JJ was not a 1 trick pony … He’s Kyle Williams on every single steroid imaginable… bigger stronger faster 

There’s not one coach who wouldn’t want him

And he played 5 Technique and three techniques both defensive line spots

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He was one of the most disruptive defensive lineman the Bills have ever faced.  He disrupts and wins games, playing every play like it was his last.

If he did not play with Houston in the divisional playoff game, the Bills win that game.  Watt made one big play after another, and at key times.

Sounds like he may want to play for the Bills

Last year was not a proper exit for Watt, playing for the 4-13 Cardinals.

But he had 12.5 sacks last year.

A perfect fit and maybe the final piece of the puzzle. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, klos63 said:

where?  A Bills fan contacted him and he replied. What a horrible person.

The guy responds to a Bills fan, very politely and positive, and he gets ragged on. Crazy.

He gets ragged on because he’s a fraud. 

It’s not crazy. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He gets ragged on because he’s a fraud. 

It’s not crazy. 

How is he a fraud?  For a few years before he started getting hurt, he was the best defensive player since LT. His impact on games was incredible.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

You know, I buy that. I'll add that while he has also always been very very good about his charity work and helping those in need...he also makes sure to get credit and a spotlight for doing his charity work and helping those in need.  His public image seems very carefully crafted and he's always come across as a phony to me.

I’ll never understand the praise for millionaires who “form charities” to get other people who don’t make  1/1000th of what they do, to donate to, while never dropping a dime in the pot themselves.  It’s like charity concerts, the performers just put on a show and donate the “proceeds”, meaning whatever they don’t keep to the cause.  You already make millions, don’t tell me you are a saint for throwing an extra performance on and giving up a portion of it, while you COULD just cut that check from your petty cash fund.

To be fair, I don’t want to give up my money for causes that I don’t really care about either.. so I just don’t pretend I can enough to do it.. just be real.

Edited by DCofNC
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I’ll never understand the praise for millionaires who “form charities” to get other people who don’t make  1/1000th of what they do, to donate to, while never dropping a dime in the pot themselves.  It’s like charity concerts, the performers just put on a show and donate the “proceeds”, meaning whatever they don’t keep to the cause.  You already make millions, don’t tell me you are a saint for throwing an extra performance on and giving up a portion of it, while you COULD just cut that check from your petty cash fund.

To be fair, I don’t want to give up my money for causes that I don’t really care about either.. so I just don’t pretend I can enough to do it.. just be real.

Personally, my favorite are the stores that try and get you to "round up for" whatever charity it is that month. Then they take all the money from the people who were scared to say no and donate it in the corporate name...getting not only credit for the donation but a nice tax break. Wegmans is terrible about this. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Personally, my favorite are the stores that try and get you to "round up for" whatever charity it is that month. Then they take all the money from the people who were scared to say no and donate it in the corporate name...getting not only credit for the donation but a nice tax break. Wegmans is terrible about this. 

I won’t do that either, for the exact reason you stated, I’ll take that tax credit, thank you.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, klos63 said:

How is he a fraud?  For a few years before he started getting hurt, he was the best defensive player since LT. His impact on games was incredible.

He’s a walking LAMP. 

Tim Tebow without the collar. 

In the end, everything was all about him.

His impact was so great because he’s a man made monster.

Fraud.  

• Dislike 1

17 hours ago, klos63 said:

I don't get it either. They imply his "good guy persona" is a fraud. Maybe, how would I know? But at his peak he was a total game wrecker. Only he and Donald have been such forces on the DLine for the last 25 years. I recall he was called a "gimmick" when playing on goal line offense yet he scored TDs so often that I'd take that gimmick all day!

Edited by Jerome007

On 5/28/2023 at 7:33 AM, thenorthremembers said:

Yeah sorry, should have just wrote it to begin with.  Selfish player who goes into business for himself.   More worried about looking like a superstar than helping his team win.

Why do you say that

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.