Evolution of your opinions

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

IOL & LB are the positions I’ve probably evolved my opinion on the most. 

IOL.. I would absolutely draft in RD1. 

LB.. I would absolutely NOT draft in RD1. 

So good LB's don't come in round 1? that's why would not draft LB in round 1? Am I getting this correct? 

6 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

So good LB's don't come in round 1? that's why would not draft LB in round 1? Am I getting this correct? 

I don’t value the position in RD1

Give me a stout DL with fast, twitchy LB’ers drafted on Day 2 & Day 3.  

They may be undersized, because the ones with size who are also fast & twitchy will go RD1, but if we have a DL that keeps them clean, shouldn’t matter a ton in the modern NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t value the position in RD1

Give me a stout DL with fast, twitchy LB’ers drafted on Day 2 & Day 3.  

They may be undersized, because the ones with size who are also fast & twitchy will go RD1, but if we have a DL that keeps them clean, shouldn’t matter a ton in the modern NFL. 

We are only discussing the bolded, where you value them elsewhere and other positions is not the point. The point is... IT depends on the draft for any position but in general? Many great LBS came out of round 1. so for me saying that does not make sense. but its your opinion and i respect it.

Where I've changed over the years is looking at things more from the General Manager's perspective than my own. 

I used to see things a GM would do or not do and get upset about them from my own point of view. 

Now, having seen how Beane operates over the past number of years, I look at things more about how I expect him to address things rather than how I would. 

3 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

There are good LBs in round 1. But even the best ones don't make enough plays to make a difference.  Corners and edge rushers are more critical pieces of your defense. 

You take the LB with pass rushing ability, no question. Micah Parsons and his 4.3 forty is going first round in every draft. You don’t know how these guys will pan out, so it’s easy to say “take the Brian Urlacher or Ray Lewis types,” but if he can rush the passer or has a feel for the game like he knows what plays are coming, he’s worth a 1st round selection. 

Edited by JayBaller10

6 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

You take the LB with pass rushing ability, no question. Micah Parsons and his 4.3 forty is going first round in every draft. You don’t know how these guys will pan out, so it’s easy to say “take the Brian Urlacher or Ray Lewis types,” but if he can rush the passer or has a feel for the game like he knows what plays are coming, he’s worth a 1st round selection. 

Good point. That’s why I said DE/edge. He was always a pass rusher first just like Miller. I think Dallas is moving him to DE full time this year

12 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Being that 100 percent of ALL draft picks are for need, and if you truly have a franchise QB, you need to do two things, 1) protect him, 2) give him weapons. Then you draft according to those needs. 

In this era of the NFL offense is the more important side of the ball, if you can’t out score your opponents, you lose. 

Do ya hear me Sean? You to Brandon..,

😂

Yeah, Sean. Yeah, Brandon. Second in points per game in the entire NFL just won’t do. Doesn’t matter that we scored more per game than the Eagles, Vikes and yes, even the Bengals.  👎👎👎👎

20 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Yeah, Sean. Yeah, Brandon. Second in points per game in the entire NFL just won’t do. Doesn’t matter that we scored more per game than the Eagles, Vikes and yes, even the Bengals.  👎👎👎👎

You missed the point, it was sarcasm, note the lol face…, 

I used to think that cheese and fish were disgusting. Now they are two of my favorite foods (just not together). What was I thinking? I was but a child, and I have seen the error of my ways. 

Is this what we are looking for? 

The game has changed, so my opinions have changed. That’s how I tell myself I was never wrong. 😋

I used to think being a “true fan” of a sports team was more important than the actual enjoyment that I got out of watching them play. As I got older and my life got more complicated overlapping with the Bills suckage dragging on for 17 straight seasons, I realized the enjoyment was the most important part and if I wasn’t enjoying it it wasn’t worth the time invested in it. I’m pretty sure this realization coincided with the McKelvin fumbled KO return that snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against the Pats*** on MNF. After that loss, before the current regime, if I had something better to do on a Sunday than torture myself with inept football I did it. It’s been a welcome evolution. Wins are just as much fun, but losses sting a lot less and life goes on in minutes to hours instead of days… and I don’t feel any less the “true fan” despite the attitude adjustment. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.