Should Josh Allen be tougher on Diggs?

Einstein

In private, all of the team should be open and honest with each other. Each team member should give the rest of the team permission to be open, honest and transparent. Including criticism. Of course the feedback needs to be given in a positive way. That's the culture you want.

2 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

It's easy to be great when expectations are low and you're over-achieving. It's harder when you are pegged 'super bowl favorites' #1 QB in the world with all the expectation and pressure to perform lying on your shoulders it will of course effect the young man but he also has to grow into it. Josh is human and he can make mistakes just like any other person. I have confidence that he is still the man when push comes to shove I wouldn't want any other QB on my team.

Well said friend

On 5/27/2023 at 11:22 AM, Einstein said:

Love Josh but this is one concern of mine with him. That isn’t the first time we’ve seen that zombie stare from him.

I’m sure that Kelly wouldn’t put up with nonsense.  He would take care of it out of sight, maybe behind the woodshed.  That tirade can’t happen again.

18 hours ago, Einstein said:

"The alleged altercation occurred Feb. 12, when the boys approached Harrison, who was talking on his cellular phone at the Waikiki resort... Without provocation, the suit says, the two men, later joined by Harrison, attacked the boys."

You actually believe that? lol.

Without provocation, Harrison decided to choke random teens? lol

https://deadspin.com/remember-when-marvin-harrison-was-implicated-in-a-shoot-1784882889

5 hours ago, nucci said:

Allen and the Bills will continue to fly under the radar? Allen is in the news constantly

Not for football. For his outfits and who he is dating.

Their discussion about who the alpha is in the relationship is stupid. Their discussion about less time playing football leading to more injuries when the bullets are flying is interesting. I wonder if anyone has done a missed OTAs vs. injury in training camp study. I bet there's a signal. 

On 5/27/2023 at 8:17 AM, Einstein said:

That is the question posed by Mike Florio and Chris Simms in the clip below.

They were talking about Diggs and Allen, and they make the argument that Allen is often excusing Diggs behavior. Currently, he is excusing his absence from OTA’s. We also know that Allen excuses Diggs tantrums on the sidelines, because Diggs is an emotional firey competitor.

Florio says that it has gotten to the point that it seems like Diggs is the “alpha” in the QB/WR relationship and it shouldn’t be that way.

He also says that Peyton Manning would have never let Marvin Harrison have “permission slips” for bad behavior like Allen does with Diggs.

Do you agree or disagree with Florio and Simms?

Here is the video: https://www.nbcsports.com/video/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-would-love-have-stefon-diggs-otas?ls=pftvod

It’s actually better Diggs is not there.  He doesn’t need the reps with Josh or the work on his game.  

It is all the other new guys that benefit and get more balls and reps with Allen that are MUCH MORE needed than Diggs.

And I think that is why it’s not that big of a deal to Allen, the coaches, or to Diggs.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ga boy said:

I’m sure that Kelly wouldn’t put up with nonsense.  He would take care of it out of sight, maybe behind the woodshed.  That tirade can’t happen again.

for starters, that was a different time period and Kelly was a different person. Kelly from day one had this sense of arrogance to him. There is also a difference in times. Teammates are more often than not, going to work out their issues off camera then on. Camera's catch everything now a days where back then, camera's were slightly more skarse and you could get away with interactions like that without it getting noticed.  In the Video above, Manning was Mic'ed and would not of been a camera on him like that 24/7

3 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I don’t really see how this is Allen’s responsibility. He should focus on playing QB, and let management or other vets deal with the diva.

League has just gotten very used to QB’s being vocal leaders.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s actually better Diggs is not there.  He doesn’t need the reps with Josh or the work on his game.  

It is all the other new guys that benefit and get more balls and reps with Allen that are MUCH MORE needed than Diggs.

And I think that is why it’s not that big of a deal to Allen, the coaches, or to Diggs.  

Yep, we have a lot of unknowns in the WR room. Let’s see those guys get a chance. We know all we need to know about Diggs. There will be time later to fine tune. I have no problem with his absence. 

• Agree 1

In that playoff loss to the Bengals, Diggs was about the only Buffalo Bill with a pulse. Why take that away ?

The best thing Josh can do is get Diggs involved early and often, which will lead to yards, 1st downs, points and overall happiness. If they triple cover him, someone else will be wide open.

On 5/27/2023 at 6:29 PM, Einstein said:

The same way Peyton Manning did.

Peyton Manning yelled at the younger players…..he damn sure ain’t yell at Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne. You saw how Jeff Saturday and the other lineman handled that situation when he tried getting on them! These are grown men with families…..thinking the QB is gonna talk to them any way he sees fit ain’t gonna end well. Y’all gotta stop living in the 90’s…..these are a different era of players!

21 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Wish Josh would do this.

Man those lineman sent Peyton Manning back to the QB huddle …..he didn’t win that battle at all lol 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Peyton Manning yelled at the younger players…..he damn sure ain’t yell at Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne

Uh, Peyton Manning dug into Reggie Wayne so bad one time that they got into a physical altercation lol.

Called his kicker an idiot that got liquored up and ran his mouth.

Told Jeff Saturday to “just play f****** center” when Saturday tried to tell him what plays to call.

Manning had no problem calling out his teammates.

But I do agree that this is a different generation of players. Much softer players.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.