Should Josh Allen be tougher on Diggs?

Einstein

8 hours ago, Einstein said:

Love Josh but this is one concern of mine with him. That isn’t the first time we’ve seen that zombie stare from him.

I remember the first couple years of josh. They always said he had ice in his veins and nothing seemed to faze him. I kinda miss that josh. That in my opinion is the difference between him and the Qb that I will not speak of here. Josh needs that back. Maybe it's Diggs barking at him, maybe it's the coaches always telling him to slide and be careful idk but he gets fazed often enough

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I remember the first couple years of josh. They always said he had ice in his veins and nothing seemed to faze him. I kinda miss that josh. That in my opinion is the difference between him and the Qb that I will not speak of here. Josh needs that back. Maybe it's Diggs barking at him, maybe it's the coaches always telling him to slide and be careful idk but he gets fazed often enough

I think the fact his line often gave him maybe less than 1 second to throw probably has had an effect on him. 

28 minutes ago, MDH said:

Manning wouldn’t tolerate “bad behavior” by Harrison? Harrison, unlike Diggs, had several serious bahvavioral issues and I never heard Manning say a word about any of it.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/114971-marvin-harrison-the-nfls-quiet-bad-boy-wide-receiver

So don’t lecture us about Manning “holding Harrison accountable.” 🙄

I'm not saying anything regarding Harrison, or even if it's good or bad quality. People are just wired different. Peyton, by all accounts, did not have any issue getting in a players face. Josh isn't wired that way. That doesn't mean he is less or not capable of being a great leader. If he took a personality assessment many of us take for work, like the DISC assessment, his dominance score would be low and his influence score would be high. He will lead by inspiring, positive energy, etc. Not my way or the highway or with force. Diggs would be the opposite type. His dominance score would be very high. Possibly with a decent influence score as well.  Diggs is more of what society considers to be an alpha type personality.

I think all this nit picking with Diggs all offseason is way over the top. Maybe Diggs just understands life matters more than some OTA. Maybe he understands he will never get the time back he has right now again. It's a long offseason, so why not enjoy being a human being. All of which I could care less so long as he brings it on Sundays. I will say, I'm rather tired of Beane and teammates justifying is temper tantrums. The whole, he's so competitive stuff is just malarkey. Who isn't highly competitive at this level? It's not an excuse to be a crappy teammate and show your a$$. I hope that stuff stops and he learns to be more of a professional. 

I don't understand how exactly he would be tougher, but the second Josh calls Diggs out is when the lights will officially start to dim. It's counter to Josh's personality and wouldn't seem natural. I can only assume that this is the type of toughness that some expect, but Josh is never going to question one of his guys publicly.

• Like (+1) 1

Diggs knows he only has a few more seasons left at an elite level.  He wants a Super Bowl and has come up short three straight years in the playoffs.  He should do everything in his power to try and get the best out of Allen and the team around him.  I'm not sure if not being at OTA's, posting cryptic tweets, and not doing anything to "quell" the fears of some fans/teammates (maybe) he's not all in for next season is his way of saying that.....but I got nothing else.

At this point I'm not too concerned with Diggs perceived attitude. All Top Athletes seem to have "Alpha" tendencies. As long as he doesn't start throwing furniture through second floor balconies I think things will work themselves out. Right now I am abit more concerned with Josh and our OC. Maybe as fans we got a little used to having Daboll to kick arouund. Hopefully Josh and Dorsey can learn from last year and improve in year 2 of their new schemes. Signing Dhop wouldn't hurt either. Kincaid shouldn't hurt either. No offense to Tommy Doyle but Kincaid should be a step up in class at that position.

Edited by DefenseWins

It’s quite amusing that some people on here think that the only way to be a good leader is to be “tougher” and “get in someone’s face” and yell at them publicly during a game. Getting angry and yelling at your teammates or slamming things on the sideline doesn’t make you a great leader or show you have more passion than anyone else. It shows you can’t handle your temper, that’s it. People need to stop equating 5 year old temper tantrums with being this amazing competitor 

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

I don't know what people were expecting Josh to do.  He was under almost instant pressure the entire game and it looked like the entire O-line had already checked out and their brains were sitting on a beach sipping Mai Tais in the offseason.

Everyone was off that game. Including Josh. He was terrible, even when he had time. It’s ok to acknowledge that. 

• Agree 1

Diggs and Allen must be connected in every way on and off the field for this team to succeed. Allen knows the volatility of his #1target and treads lightly. My guess is that Diggs shows up for mandatory training camp and brings the rest of the receivers production expectations to his standards. Don’t diminish his importance to the offense. Our team’s  production is directly proportionate to his involvement. When Dorsey started using Diggs as a distraction in order to open  up low percentage vertical shots last season, our offense suffered. Allen had to run more and Diggs became frustrated not getting  the ball. With more emphasis on a running game and two TE sets, Diggs and Davis should have plenty of single coverage. I trust Allen’s leadership skills. 

12 hours ago, MJS said:

Love it. Keep the negativity coming. It will all be motivation for the players and help them continue to fly under the radar.

Allen and the Bills will continue to fly under the radar? Allen is in the news constantly

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

It's easy to be great when expectations are low and you're over-achieving. It's harder when you are pegged 'super bowl favorites' #1 QB in the world with all the expectation and pressure to perform lying on your shoulders it will of course effect the young man but he also has to grow into it. Josh is human and he can make mistakes just like any other person. I have confidence that he is still the man when push comes to shove I wouldn't want any other QB on my team.

Diggs is just a diva it happens with these number 1 receiver types…check the antics of Tyreek Hill sometime. 
  Josh does give him a ton of leeway though imagine if Allen acted like Diggs on the sideline and called out his teammates.

The one thing Diggs better realize is if he did get to realize his wish of playing with his brother in Dallas. If he wasn’t happy with Josh freaking Allen throwing him the ball wait till he gets a load of Dak Prescott….Jerry would have to hire a sideline therapist for the guy. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

From my small experience last year where I was lucky enough to enjoy 3 games in a row behind the Bills bench, I always found it interesting to watch Allen coming off the field. It seemed like almost always he would just sit off by himself glued to Joe Brady. He Didn’t really seem to converse much with the  the lineman, receivers..

Where on the other hand Diggs was Almost always talking things up these guys going up and down the sideline. 

Probably just different styles of leadership /personalities but I just seemed to find it interesting. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.