Should Josh Allen be tougher on Diggs?

Einstein

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree. The nice guy personality with Josh needs to transition to a leader willing to critique and even "get in the face" of your players for lack of performance. Brady did it his whole career.  And I've seen Mahomes do it too.

That's all well and good but he has to get in the face of those that aren't getting the job done not the players like Diggs that always show up.  I have yet to see a game where Diggs is giving only a half-assed effort.  

And not like Josh was killing it all game only being let down by his weapons.  With some of the rumors around Josh and Brittany having a fight that resulted in police being called in well seems there maybe some facts we as fans aren't likely to know. 

New year some new pieces to fix the oline.  I don't worry bout Diggs showing up each game.   I think Josh alluding to being a QB first, means he's accepting he has to be smarter taking less hits so he can play well through a long season.  

• Agree 2

Honestly Allen has to be getting highly effected by Diggs I believe a lot of his INTs last year were from either forcing it to Diggs or DBs knowing it was 100% going to Diggs after the scramble, also I feel like that started causing Allen to not even go Diggs way until late into games as the season went on. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

It’s all going to end in tears with Diggs eventually blowing up and wanting out…

Hopefully a couple of years away still and they won’t have to eat too much dead money…

I hope not because if Diggs blows up and wants out it's  because this team will have failed to play to their ability again.

I'd rather the team come out and everyone executes their roles with minimal errors. They do that then there's not alot of teams they can't go toe to toe with and the outcome will be who swings and misses as there are a number of quality teams these days.   Once that becomes the norm you pretty much guarantee your team a playoff berth and if it's the norm there's no need to ramp it up and get hot at right time.  It's easier to perform at your normal levels than to amp it up.  Less spur of moment plays but when you are steadily moving the chains the need for those is low.  

What do some of you not want to have Diggs at the core care about winning and so what if he’s pissed.

These critics sounds like you never played sports at a high level.  I had guys pissed all the time when losing or the game was lost.  I even remember my Dad as a kid was not someone you talked with after a significant loss and that wa freakin softball.  Granted it was a really competitive league, but he’s also in the NYS HOF for both baseball and softball, was given a tryout by the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1955 when he returned from the Korean War.  He’s had 3 hole in 1’s, bowled a 300 game, and on and on.

Competitors are fiery in a loss to a big game where you weren’t even competitive.  Big deal, he was pissed, yelled at his QB, and was right that he wasn’t targeted enough.  But it wasn’t that as the only reason of so many why we lost.

Beane needs to give $24 mil in a signing bonus spread over 3 yrs.,  a $1-3mil. Salary for the first 2 years and Jack up the 3rd year to some absurd number we can get out of if we need to do so.

Then we have Diggs, D Hop, Davis, with Sherfield or Harty subbing in for Davis at times, then DK 2 for 12, Harris and Labonte as our bangers, and Cook as our Kamara we hope.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

He wasn't trying to get him going, he was throwing a tantrum. It was reported Allen had missed a throw he'd been struggling with in practice leading up to Bengals game and Diggs was in his face yelling 'what's your excuse now Josh?'

If that's true, Diggs should be gone.

• Eyeroll 1

Allen is going to need to develop more of a hard edge to his persona.   He’s been great, it’s just time to take it up a notch from the leadership standpoint.  There is something to be said with how Brady commanded and earned the respect of his teammates.

I am NOT surprised that many people chalk up Diva Diggs outbursts as “fiery competitor”. 

Some fans are so afraid to criticize bad behavior. 

Because of the amount of dead cap money, he is a Bill for at least two more seasons, but look for him to be gone after that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I was more concerned about Allen's demeanor on the sideline. It reminded me of Thurman losing his helmet, in the second Cowpukes Superbowl. His meltdown brought the entire team down, in XXVII, and we didn't score again.

In Allen's case, it was apathy, but the same end result.

I have to respectfully disagree. It may have been a lot of things, but it was not apathy. Distraction and countless other descriptions, but I don’t think it was apathy. 

Believe me or not, no biggie, but I have first hand knowledge of their relationship.

For years Josh has walked on eggshells with Diggs -despite them being quite close. Josh wants to win bad, and felt like he needed Diggs locked in and feeling good to accomplish that, so he often eats the “sh1t sandwich” instead of checking Diggs. Josh worries that if he checks Diggs too much, Diggs will view that as a personal attack and will check out on the team. I think it would have been different if Josh were older/more established when Diggs got here. They are like a couple who were immature when they met and have bad habits. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Manning wouldn’t tolerate “bad behavior” by Harrison? Harrison, unlike Diggs, had several serious bahvavioral issues and I never heard Manning say a word about any of it.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/114971-marvin-harrison-the-nfls-quiet-bad-boy-wide-receiver

The story reported that in 2003, before an AFC wild-card game, Harrison grabbed a New York Jets ball boy by the throat after a ball the kid was fielding violated Harrison's "personal space" as he played catch with Manning. Later, at a medical station, the boy's neck showed marks from Harrison's choke job. 

And that's not all. The story reported that in 2005, three nights before the Pro Bowl, Harrison again grabbed the neck of an innocent teenager. This time, the kid had shown the audacity to keep pestering Harrison for an autograph. So what was the Pro Bowler's response? 

He took a swing at the kid, "then grabbed him by the throat and put an arm around his neck." After some more physical play—hey, maybe Marvin thought he was on the football field, right?—Harrison and his friends ran off. 

So don’t lecture us about Manning “holding Harrison accountable.” 🙄

Edited by MDH
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, MDH said:

Manning wouldn’t tolerate “bad behavior” by Harrison? Harrison, unlike Diggs, had several serious bahvavioral issues and I never heard Manning say a word about any of it.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/114971-marvin-harrison-the-nfls-quiet-bad-boy-wide-receiver

"The alleged altercation occurred Feb. 12, when the boys approached Harrison, who was talking on his cellular phone at the Waikiki resort... Without provocation, the suit says, the two men, later joined by Harrison, attacked the boys."

You actually believe that? lol.

Without provocation, Harrison decided to choke random teens? lol

Edited by Einstein

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.