If the Bills get Hopkins, with Kincaid added to the mix, what's your starting lineup?p/

tomur67

59 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t know how they keep Davis if they sign Hopkins.  I think Davis gets traded ahead of week 1 if we sign Hopkins because we would 100% not be signing Davis next offseason either if we sign Hopkins.  

I don’t see the upside there.  He’s on a rookie contract and in the last year.  I don’t see anyone with his ankle and performance last year trading a high pick for him.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t see the upside there.  He’s on a rookie contract and in the last year.  I don’t see anyone with his ankle and performance last year trading a high pick for him.

I mean I wouldn’t give him away, but if we could get a decent pick I would move him. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean I wouldn’t give him away, but if we could get a decent pick I would move him. 

Alpha, I always respect your opinion, but I don’t know.  If you think about Cincy, they have a trio of WR’s plus had a decent TE last year.

Now of Harty, Sherfield, amd/or Shakir can take a big step forward and Davis draws a 3rd, ok.

I just don’t see it.  We need firepower for this arms race against the Bengals and Chiefs.  We need to iutscore these bastages, and I trust McD in running the defense.

On 5/28/2023 at 4:50 PM, machine gun kelly said:

Alpha, I always respect your opinion, but I don’t know.  If you think about Cincy, they have a trio of WR’s plus had a decent TE last year.

Now of Harty, Sherfield, amd/or Shakir can take a big step forward and Davis draws a 3rd, ok.

I just don’t see it.  We need firepower for this arms race against the Bengals and Chiefs.  We need to iutscore these bastages, and I trust McD in running the defense.

All good, and respect your opinions too.  For me, I think I probably have more confidence in Sherfield than most as I think he is better than people think.  Plus we have Kincaid, Knox, Shakir, Cook, and Hines too.  We are not short on weapons even without Hopkins.  

Gabe was someone I was previously high on, but he is more myth than good.  He only had 3 games with 100 yards in his 3 year career.  He has only had 2 good playoff games out of 7.  “Big Game Davis” nickname is mostly built off the lore of the KC playoff game.

Drops, mental lapses, struggles to get separation, not getting his feet in bounds, etc just start to add up to go from a necessary piece to expendable if we upgraded to someone like Hopkins.  

I hope he bounces back this year, I do like him even though my confidence has been shaken in him.  However, if we sign Hopkins, there is 0% chance we sign him and I would rather get a trade asset from him than use him as our 4th receiving target behind Diggs, Hopkins, and Kincaid.

Not against keeping him by any means, just think he has trade value still and if we can get the right value I would be willing to move him if we signed Hopkins rather than lose him for nothing.  

That being said, I do think odds are he is here this year regardless if sign Hopkins.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3

On 5/27/2023 at 8:23 AM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

No need to trade a WR. Get rid of Gilliam and just keep two TEs on the roster. That opens a space for an extra WR and an extra OL that can play TE3 when needed.

I wonder if he is referring to moving salary to make room for Hopkins 

On 5/27/2023 at 12:28 PM, Rebel101 said:

Realistically how could we afford Hopkins? 

I believe so are Deonty Harty and Shakir as well. 

Beane would have to sweet-talk Hopkins into a workable deal,maybe some enticing incentives.

Restructure contracts: White,Dawkins, D. Jones, Settle, et.al.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.