If the Bills get Hopkins, with Kincaid added to the mix, what's your starting lineup?p/

tomur67

The primary reason I want Hopkins is it allows us to flip Gabe Davis for a draft pick. We simply wouldn’t need him and could get and extra 4th or perhaps even a 3rd. Get something now because we can’t afford him next year.

If we sign Hopkins and Davis is NOT traded, your offense looks like this:

WR1: Diggs

Slot: Shakir and Harty

TE1: Knox

TE2: Kincaid

WR2: Hopkins, Davis, Sherfield, Shorter

In that scenario you’re carrying 7 capable WR and plan on running a lot of 2TE sets… so 4 of them rarely see the field… and Davis doesn’t help you on ST.

Personally, I’d love to see what we have in Shorter and Sherfield on the rare instances we need a pure deep ball guy and then use our extra 3rd or 4th from Davis on a long term WR2 solution.

In this scenario, next year we would potentially have 3 third round picks to load up at WR and an upgrade this year in Hopkins.

I may be in the minority but I think Davis is going to have a very good year as long as he’s healthy. He seems to be dismissed as an after thought.

I still think we should make a go for Hopkins but Davis is being very underrated on here in my opinion

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Realistically how could we afford Hopkins? 

8 minutes ago, Dave_Bills said:

I may be in the minority but I think Davis is going to have a very good year as long as he’s healthy. He seems to be dismissed as an after thought.

I still think we should make a go for Hopkins but Davis is being very underrated on here in my opinion

I believe so are Deonty Harty and Shakir as well. 

I think we would rotate receivers a ton (especially in the slot). Keeping every receiver at under 80% of the snaps would keep everyone fresh.

I don't think we would necessarily trade a receiver like Davis considering it wouldn't create much cap room.

If we wanted to sign Hopkins, I think we would need to trade Ed Oliver or maybe even Mitch Morse

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

WR - Stephan Diggs

TE - Dalton Kincaid

TE - Dawson Knox

WR - Deondre Hopkins

RB- James Cook

Good luck defending that line up. What do you do? Bring in heavy package to

defend the Run? 

It gets even more interesting when you consider that Diggs and Dhop can both run every route out there including from the slot. 

I honestly don't think there's a team in the NFL with the personnel to match up against the combinations that buffalo could field. Imagine trying to set your defense while not knowing if you're going to have to deal with Diggs DeAndre OR Dalton running through the middle of the field? 

Unless you have Ramsey, Sauce and Gonzalez all in the same secondary you're going to have issues. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Guess I forgot him like Josh did last year .... hanging my head in shame on that one.

Don't beat yourself up. It matters with Josh, though. I mean Josh forgetting him. OTOH, Dawson might not invite you to his birthday party.

Edited by Dr. Who

5 hours ago, tomur67 said:

Also, do you have to trade away somebody?

TRADE somebody? That would lessen the impact of signing Hopkins and would be pointless. And I'll ask again,like I always do,how do you force a team to trade with you just because it might  benefit  YOUR team? Why is that proposed so often?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Simple is right. Manning had tons of bites on the apple. He was only facing off with Brady. 

Allen will be facing off against Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, and many others. 

You need luck/breaks too, mainly staying healthy. I think we had a legitimate shot last year if Von didn’t go down. 

We’ll have a few shots. It’s not a one year make it or break it. 

Manning faced off against Roethlisberger & Rivers as well in the AFC. Those guys were def worthy opponents. 

5 hours ago, tomur67 said:

Also, do you have to trade away somebody?

No...

The Bills will be multiple without DHop...And multiple with him...I'd say he plays around 65-75% of snaps...In that area...He'll drain a bit off Gabe, but not a ton...

McKenzie and Crowder were almost exactly 60% combined last year...Kincaid is going to eat up some of that, and probably all of Sweeney/Gilliam's 22.5%...But there are plenty of snaps to go around.

What is going to be interesting this year, especially later in the year, is to see how the formations play out if the Bills are a MUCH more effective rushing Offense. And make no mistake they want to do this badly. Because the Bills will be ahead or close in almost every game into the 3rd Quarter. They still have Josh Allen, Diggs, a very nice group of receiving talent overall, and the opportunity to kill teams with a efficient balanced approach in the 2nd half of games will be there...They have the personnel to do that too...So who knows how it looks at the end of the year?

Throwing DHop in this mix is pure cheat code for the Bills. He's literally picture perfect made for what they need most in the short/intermediate range. Just get him and worry about the snaps after winning the SB... :flirt:

5 hours ago, Augie said:

I don’t care much who starts. I would see him as one more part, so when we suffer the inevitable injury at WR we don’t have a big drop off. I hate to gamble the season on the young guys stepping up if a WR misses a few weeks due to injury. I like their promise, but a lot is at stake. The team suffered when Gabe Davis played with that high ankle sprain last year. Allow it to heal properly and still play quality football that defenses have to respect. 

Yep. Both Diggs and Davis played through injuries that they would have been able to rest and heal up if the Bills had a guy like Hopkins in the mix

• Like (+1) 1

3 WR, 1 TE  Diggs, Hopkins, Davis, Kincaid

2 WR, 2 TE  Diggs, Hopkins, Knox, Kincaid

Harty is WR4 subbing in for any of the top 3 and in 4 WR sets

Sherfield, Shakir battle out in camp for Slot #2 behind Kincaid.

Shorter makes the roster due to ST and is active on gameday.  

Shakir is likely the healthy scratch…as of now

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.