If the Bills get Hopkins, with Kincaid added to the mix, what's your starting lineup?p/

tomur67

I don’t care much who starts. I would see him as one more part, so when we suffer the inevitable injury at WR we don’t have a big drop off. I hate to gamble the season on the young guys stepping up if a WR misses a few weeks due to injury. I like their promise, but a lot is at stake. The team suffered when Gabe Davis played with that high ankle sprain last year. Allow it to heal properly and still play quality football that defenses have to respect. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Starting lineup doesn’t mean anything to me.  Snap count and 3rd down usage > starting lineup 

I think we’d see a lot of Digg, Hopkins, Kincaid, Knox and Cook/Harris

whoever would be the 3rd receiver, Davis mostly/Kincaid sprinkled in,  would feast

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

53 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

No need to trade a WR. Get rid of Gilliam and just keep two TEs on the roster. That opens a space for an extra WR and an extra OL that can play TE3 when needed.

They should be able to keep something like: 

3 RB

1 FB

2 TE

7 WR

That’s usually the total number of skill guys they keep - except it’s typically been 4 RB. Only Taiwan Jones was a RB in name only. 

Cook/Harris/Hines

Gilliam

Knox/Kincaid

Diggs/Hopkins/Davis/Harty/Shakir/Sherfield/Shorter 

Gilliam/Hines/Shorter/Sherfield will all play ST mixed with Matakevich/Dodson/Neal/Bernard and whatever backup DB they put in there. 

Here’s my simple take: If the Bills add Hopkins to Diggs, Davis and Knox/Kincaid they’ll have officially entered the Embarrassment of Riches category. If they can’t get to a Super Bowl with Allen and that WR/TE group then it simply can’t be done. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Here’s my simple take: If the Bills add Hopkins to Diggs, Davis and Knox/Kincaid they’ll have officially entered the Embarrassment of Riches category. If they can’t get to a Super Bowl with Allen and that WR/TE group then it simply can’t be done. 

Simple is right. Manning had tons of bites on the apple. He was only facing off with Brady. 

Allen will be facing off against Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, and many others. 

You need luck/breaks too, mainly staying healthy. I think we had a legitimate shot last year if Von didn’t go down. 

We’ll have a few shots. It’s not a one year make it or break it. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

No need to trade a WR. Get rid of Gilliam and just keep two TEs on the roster. That opens a space for an extra WR and an extra OL that can play TE3 when needed.

I think the Bills should keep 3 TEs. Kincaid will be an important piece of this offense ,whether you use him as a slot or TE . Need a backup who can play TE, not another" Bobby Hart fooling no one".

I agree the addition of Hopkins likely makes Gilliam expendable. 

Edited by Herb Nightly

58 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Eh.. I don’t know what can really be considered an embarrassment of riches in the AFC.

KC is the gold standard right now.  Up until last year, they had Kelce, Tyreek, solid supporting skill players, they were so content that they drafted a RB in RD1 a few years ago.   Last year Tyreek moved on, and they downgraded at WR, but gave Mahomes an elite OL. 

Burrow has had an embarrassment of riches at the skill positions since entering the league.  OL was their problem.. they invested in it last year, but suffered the injury bug entering the playoffs. 

Jags are coming on heavy with Kirk, Ridley, Etienne, Ingram, OL is decent.. added a RD1 OT and RD2 TE. 

Dolphins are loaded and may be adding Dalvin Cook to the mix shortly.  

Ravens have an OL, running game, Mark Andrews, OBJ and two recent RD1 WRs in Bateman and Flowers. 

In reality.. Allen would have, what we believe will be a much improved OL and at the skill positions Diggs/Hop/Kincaid as high investment pieces … the rest are a RD3 TE we developed, a RD4 WR who is a good WR2/3 option, a couple mid-level FA’s, a RD5 WR and RD6 WR. 

Im not saying we wouldn’t be loaded, but a lot of teams we’re competing with are, and I think some people here tend to overrate our talent on offense as of late because of how elite Josh Allen is. 

The reality is, we’ve added a good bit of potential so far this off-season, but there’s a lot of unknowns and hope.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Diggs ----- Kincaid ......... Dawkins ... McGovern ... Morse ... Torrence ... Brown ...Knox ............. Hopkins

.....................................................................................Allen

..............................................................................................Harris

Edited to make it an 11 man offense

Edited by frostbitmic
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

They should be able to keep something like: 

3 RB

1 FB

2 TE

7 WR

That’s usually the total number of skill guys they keep - except it’s typically been 4 RB. Only Taiwan Jones was a RB in name only. 

Cook/Harris/Hines

Gilliam

Knox/Kincaid

Diggs/Hopkins/Davis/Harty/Shakir/Sherfield/Shorter 

Gilliam/Hines/Shorter/Sherfield will all play ST mixed with Matakevich/Dodson/Neal/Bernard and whatever backup DB they put in there. 

If Shorter makes the 53,I don't think Gilliam will. Shorter maybe can back up Kincaid as a big slot,or a wide TE

22 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Simple is right. Manning had tons of bites on the apple. He was only facing off with Brady. 

You need luck/breaks too, mainly staying healthy. I think we had a legitimate shot last year if Von didn’t go down. 

Speaking of health and luck; I think Hopkins would be extremely valuable as insurance for Diggs. Diggs has been durable in Buffalo,but if he goes down, the depth hasn't been there. 

Majority 11 Cook With Diggs Davis Hopkins and Knox.  Sup packages will allow be used to keep Diggs and Hopkins fresh. Second would be 12 with Cook Diggs/Hopkins Davis Kincaid Knox.  They have plenty of passes to go around.

28 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Diggs ----- Kincaid ......... Dawkins ... McGovern ... Morse ... Torrence ... Brown ................ Hopkins

.....................................................................................Allen

..............................................................................................Harris

I don't think playing with ten men on the field is a good idea.

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Yep….I agree, there are TONS of factors that the Team cannot control. (weather, injuries, fluke calls, etc) But, this is one that you can, and that’s all I’ll ask from the Front Office. Now, I’m not saying that all is lost if the Bills don’t land Hopkins, but it’s really hard for me to see them punting much, if ever, with that many weapons for Josh to choose from. Move the chains, keep the ball, score, repeat. 

Go Bills 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.