For those that like watching the Retro videos...Bills 1988 Playoff Preview

BillsPride12

This is pretty fun...some real gems in here!

A few things that stuck out to me:

-I just miss when the overall NFL presentation looked like this

-So many hard hits back then

-Special teams was actually fun to watch then and the Bills had an amazing Special Teams unit at the time

-If Fred Smerlas was still here in 1990 that might have been enough of a difference to beat the Giants in the Super Bowl 

-Judging by the stadium shots people just seemed like they were having more fun in 1988 :(

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Commercials are usually one of the best aspects of these retro videos, but they didn’t run anything besides the sponsoring companies. I wanted more nostalgia! 

Interesting how beloved Scott Norwood was. He even made the song at the end of the video. Too bad wide right was in his very near future.

I was at a game a few years ago where Mark Pike was standing around for photos and autographs, but the line was empty. No one seemed to care. A year later I’d hear that he passed away. RIP Mark.

RIP Van Miller.

I think a happy medium could exist between this physical version of the NFL and Goodell’s league. Although my biggest gripes are with the questionable roughing the passer calls. Clean those up and I’d complain less. 

Edited by JayBaller10

On 5/27/2023 at 3:36 AM, BillsPride12 said:

-If Fred Smerlas was still here in 1990 that might have been enough of a difference to beat the Giants in the Super Bowl 

Meh... he was 33 in 1990 and injured most of year with SF. He was showing his age in his last years in Buffalo. Jeff Wright was younger and better at that point. Maybe he would have been ok as a backup.

Thanks for the video! It brings back memories.

Edited by chongli

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.