JA17 dating an actress now

ndirish1978

10 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

You must be old, Bob Jones, lol.  I'm a middle aged guy and I definitely know her.  She's a pretty big actress and pop star.  Was an Academy Award nominee for True Grit.  In the Pitch Perfect movies.  Has a starring role in one of the Disney Marvel shows, etc.  Star of one of the Apple TV original shows.  When I saw the thread title I assumed it would be some C lister or IG model type, but this girl is a pretty big deal.  She's got 20 million followers on social media.  Her and Josh are probably about equally popular.  I kind of dig that he's with a woman who really has her own thing going on and isn't with him for money or clout and will give him tons of space since she'll have her own work to attend to.

Ha ha, yes, 60+. Have zero streaming services, have never watched any marvel movies or other similar current "super hero" or wild sci-fi movies. I haven't been to a movie theatre in 15+ years...just not worth it to me. I have an IPad, but have never watched anything on Apple TV, ever. True Grit is a John Wayne movie, no? Have no idea about "Pitch Perfect" movies, I assume those are about baseball? I do have a Facebook page and a twitter acct, but I mainly use those to peruse interesting info and to gain knowledge about things. Don't pay any attention whatsoever to Hollywood "stars".

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Ha ha, yes, 60+. Have zero streaming services, have never watched any marvel movies or other similar current "super hero" or wild sci-fi movies. I haven't been to a movie theatre in 15+ years...just not worth it to me. I have an IPad, but have never watched anything on Apple TV, ever. True Grit is a John Wayne movie, no? Have no idea about "Pitch Perfect" movies, I assume those are about baseball? I do have a Facebook page and a twitter acct, but I mainly use those to peruse interesting info and to gain knowledge about things. Don't pay any attention whatsoever to Hollywood "stars".

I'm a John Wayne fan, but you're missing out. The remake with Jeff Bridges is a superior film, better dialogue, one of the best modern westerns. Pitch perfect is not about baseball, but competitive acapella singing. I suppose you are pretending at being this removed from popular culture. I am a virtual hermit, do not have a Facebook page or Twitter account, yet somehow know these things.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Feel free to move this to OTW. I enjoy the comments asking who Josh Allen is, lol. 

This is great news for me!  My friend is close to her and her family, she works directly for Hailee.  My wife and I have even been invited to concerts and come hang backstage with them in the past.  So this creates a realistic shot at not only meeting Josh, but just hanging out in general if they keep dating!   So stoked about this!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

Josh can do better than her.

She’s girl next door cute.   

Are y’all wanting him to bag someone like CMC’s girl or Ice Spice?

Just be thankful she’s not a Kardashian or Jimmy G’s type. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I'm a John Wayne fan, but you're missing out. The remake with Jeff Bridges is a superior film, better dialogue, one of the best modern westerns. Pitch perfect is not about baseball, but competitive acapella singing. I suppose you are pretending at being this removed from popular culture. I am a virtual hermit, do not have a Facebook page or Twitter account, yet somehow know these things.

Ha ha again. Umm, no, I'm not pretending. On twitter, you choose who to follow, so I can say with 100% certainty that this Hailee person has never appeared in my feed. Same sort of deal with FB; for the most part, you see only what you want to see. Plus I'm not on either of those services too often. And any/all ads for movies or anything else Hollywood related I scroll right on by. Rarely watch any "news" shows, certainly never watch any "awards" shows, so yeah, I know very little about current "popular culture." LOL

1 hour ago, UConn James said:

Josh seems to have graduated into dating gals who aren’t (at least primarily) interested in him for his 💰💰 cause they have their own.

Goes back to the adage that one percenters can only date other one percenters because everyone else will have their eyes on the $$$

Of course, that’s not an all encompassing take, but if you’re a wealthy celebrity looking for love, best to find it before you get that status, or you’ll have to date exclusively in that pool. 

12 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Ha ha again. Umm, no, I'm not pretending. On twitter, you choose who to follow, so I can say with 100% certainty that this Hailee person has never appeared in my feed. Same sort of deal with FB; for the most part, you see only what you want to see. Plus I'm not on either of those services too often. And any/all ads for movies or anything else Hollywood related I scroll right on by. Rarely watch any "news" shows, certainly never watch any "awards" shows, so yeah, I know very little about current "popular culture." LOL

That is your prerogative. I am far from an enthusiast for popular culture, nor have I probably watched an award show in twenty years or more. Nonetheless, there is still good work and talented artists out there. The Hailee person is genuinely talented. If you like Westerns (I do), at least seek out the True Grit remake. 

48 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Yes, we don’t know the backstory, but what if JA was out there cheating on her? Should she just have accepted it? Of course the answer is Hell No, no matter what the financial disparity of the two. Can't even believe that in 2023 I have to write the latter. Was it OK for men to cheat on their homemaker wives in the 50s, 60s, 70s, and onward becuase they were the sole "breadwinner?" I mean for decades, most men "carried their wives" financially, right?

I didn't touch on the topic of "cheating". And while I certainly don't condone it, I won't condemn it either when it comes to another couple's relationship. Some people bail, some accept and some just follow suit ( what's good for the goose if you will). Sometimes people move on without infidelity being a factor. You're right, if he was she doesn't have to accept it. 

But your boyfriend is a very young good looking popular sports figure pulling major bank who has beautiful women at his feet in every city he's in. Tough situation for a young girl like Brittney to deal with.

37 minutes ago, SCBills said:

She’s girl next door cute.   

Are y’all wanting him to bag someone like CMC’s girl or Ice Spice?

Just be thankful she’s not a Kardashian or Jimmy G’s type. 

I mean, Ice Spice? really?

5 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Feel free to move this to OTW. I enjoy the comments asking who Josh Allen is, lol. 

wait one GD minute - he’s out going on dates!?! Not at the gym or the track? So disappointing. Can’t wait for @Tipster19 and @Shaw66 to see this. Might as well trade him right now right fellas?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Def a downgrade

So, you’ve met both of them? 

These people deserve a life without all this nonsense over every person they are seen with. In that regard, I actually feel sorry for them.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

So, you’ve met both of them? 

These people deserve a life without all this nonsense over every person they are seen with. In that regard, I actually feel sorry for them.  

In terms of looks yea I think Brit is hotter. Relax it isn’t that serious

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

This might be the worst thread in the history in the history of this board, where a bunch of mostly men are judging this woman and calling her a “downgrade”, but also saying she’s a good actress and talented so maybe it’s ok. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsSbSoon said:

In terms of looks yea I think Brit is hotter. Relax it isn’t that serious

I know, it just bothers me that it gets so much attention. Let them live their lives is the way I feel about it. I’d would NEVER bother a celeb if they were out at dinner or whatever. They are just people. Rich and talented people, but just people. I have no use for autographs either. I know some people are into that, but some guy signing his name doesn’t mean much to me. 🤷‍♂️

To each their own, but give him a break is my reaction. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.