Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

Ravens, Bills, or Chiefs is my guess. Eagles are also a dark horse, and Pats if they give him a wheelbarrow of money.

Diggs, Hopkins is elite on the outside. Gabe Davis is fine rotating in and giving them a breather.

Kincaid in the slot and Shakir in there somewhere makes me feel really good about our weapons.

Not to mention Knox is a top-15 TE in his own right, and Cook is supposedly a receiving RB (remains to be seen in the NFL, but was definitely true in college).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Ummm - we DID beat the defenses we saw last year. 14 times. The one loss was to the Bungles and they have been torn apart on D this year. If we are healthy, with the new additions we are the team to beat.

You make it sound like we were pounded and shut down. Not the case

Ok sure. It’s fine UPGRADE. Get a Proven top end WR over a bunch of unproven and jagS 

6 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Idk if he's still there but last thing I saw Hopkins was in Toronto working out. 

In NC 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok sure. It’s fine UPGRADE. Get a Proven top end WR over a bunch of unproven and jagS 

In NC 

Ok, so basically he's pretending to be a Carolina Panther. I don't know what more the fella can do to get McD's attention.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 9

56 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Christmas in May!  Prepare TSW for 'LUDICROUS SPEED'!

image.jpeg.4ee9f6a16bff3c2825a95b1e22d1df3a.jpeg

Straight to PLAID!!!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I just don't see the downside I guess

I think it would be another mistake to spend another year hoping Davis becomes a reliable wideout and a rookie TE plus Dawson Knox can become catalysts for a SB run. Seems very unlikely imo

we will see. But I agree with you too.

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Am I the only one who doesn't think Hopkins would make them that much better? Hopkins from 3 or 4 years ago sure but not the current version. The Bills WRs have not been the reason they've not advanced in the playoffs.

Yes you are

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills can Absolutely make the financials work.  

Hopkins has hinted at playing here a ton.

It is really all on Beane and McD if they want this to happen.

Actually, it’s up to Terry Pegula to make the financials work. While I’m no expert on what the NFL allows in contract terminology, a huge part of what we could offer would have to be upfront ca$h. A signing ‘bonus’ as it were. 
IF Josh were to go to Terry and say ‘Sir, I would really love to have this now available Player come to the Bills’ it could happen.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Am I the only one who doesn't think Hopkins would make them that much better? Hopkins from 3 or 4 years ago sure but not the current version. The Bills WRs have not been the reason they've not advanced in the playoffs.

Bills haven’t had the 1 seed.

No bye week.   No full home slate.  No easier post-season opponents.  

Mahomes has never played a playoff road game. 

At the very least.. this helps us get the one seed, which is clearly a massive advantage. 

Bills ‘23 Path to the Super Bowl:

Dolphins

Bengals

Chiefs (neutral)

If we were the 1 seed:

Bye

Jaguars

Chiefs (home)

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I think you might be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Hopkins would be a good #2 WR behind Diggs. Also think of what this would do for Davis. He slides down to #3 WR and he would be poised for a huge season as the other teams top corners would be matched up against Diggs and Hopkins. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.